CPU HSF turns off 5 seconds after boot

Darn...................I can't keep up with these posts.......must type faster!!!!!!

tasr :)

Heheh, Me either. I'll Boot up and change the options in the BIOS in a few mintutes. And yes, All four connectors were plugged in. So what about the LEDS?

Thanks for your help!

Sometimes when PSU's are dying or dead this is what happens, everything turns on for about 5 seconds but rather than boot up it just shuts off.

Is it all fans or just the CPU Fan? If it's all Fans it sounds like PSU Problem.

Just the CPU fan. But, before I replaced my Mobo with a DFI one, replaced my CPU , PSu, and HDD, I spilled a few drops from a drink on my mobo while my PC was on and running (got through a fan vent) and it would only boot for a split second and turn off. This was about 2 weeks ago. My current X850xt was in the old motherboard, I hope the X850xt still works.

Check LED

tasr :)

Ah, so the less LEDS, the better. Hmm, Since two LEDs means it's going to be checking my VGA, and it stalls on 2 LEDS, this might mean my X850 is dead.. :(

I still haven't booted up with letting the CPU HSF off, so i'm not completly sure the X850 is dead. I hope it's still alive..

Thanks

Ok well I have no input on the LED's, but I'm certain someone here will be able to help you.

As for the CPU fan, the above posters are totally right that the CPU simply hasn't warmed up enough to get the fan running, let it run for 20 seconds and it'll get going no problem. When I just built my new system I noted that same thing happening but I let it run just long enough to get going.

It's no danger at all to leave it as is, as long as the fan gets going after about 20-30 seconds. If it still doesn't go, then you might have troubles. You CAN change the fan levels in your BIOS if you want too, but it's not necessary except to drop the level where it goes to 100% down a bit. 50 is a bit high for my taste.

Good luck with it!

Well, I got my system up and running! I'm posting this message from my primary machine now (with my first DFI board). Installed windows about an hour ago and just finished installing drivers and such. Looks like my X850XT is still alive! I was afraid I was going to have issues with my ram after hearing many bad things about using value ram or corsair ram in DFI boards, but so far so good. Thanks for all the help! :)

But I do still have 1 issue, which is with my front panel. I can't seem to figure out how to put my wires in or which way they should go in. I've been using the handy onboard panel to turn my PC on. I'll make a diagram of my front panel wires later and post it here. Can anyone assist me on this?

Thanks again everyone.