Sign in to follow this  
SJF

3800 X2 installed

I installed the amd driver update and the microsoft hotfix. Now how do I tell if both processors are working? In device manager it shows 2 cpus. Can task manager show anything. Also have read that when playing games u can set it to 1 processor if having trouble. Not sure how to do that.

Jump to the "Performance" tab in task manager (you should see two CPU usage graphs).

Your last question refers to "Affinity", again accessed through Task Manager (use the right-click speed menu on the program in question).

Jump to the "Performance" tab in task manager (you should see two CPU usage graphs).

Your last question refers to "Affinity", again accessed through Task Manager (use the right-click speed menu on the program in question).

beat me to it :P

The game crashes then goes back to xp screen. Am playing star wars empire at war. Have some other games but haven't tried them yet.

Nope current just swapped out a single core. Someone sent sent me here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429 . I did everything exactly as it said.

Does this mean you at least had thoroughly tested stability before the swap?

Anyhow, to avoid troubleshooting in the dark, take some time to make sure your system is stable. Changing a processor is a pretty serious change.