Sign in to follow this  
jmcgee_jr

how to tell if my -D is actually a SLI -D

In a previous post I am having issue with my PC when I tell it ot shutdown it restarts. I have tried everything and I mean everything. Now my ? is this I cant tell any visiable way to see if maybe my board is the SLI-D and im using the -D bios. How can you tell? I see no markings on my mobo. Thanks Guys. BTW in Nvidia Ntune says my MCP is Nforce 4 A3 is that a SLI chip?

Reboot, and check out the startup screen. If it's "NF4 SLI" it's sli. If it says "NF4 ultra" then it's unmodded and an ultra chipset.

You may have to disable the LanParty logo. In the BIOS under Advanced BIOS Features - “Full Screen LOGO Show” = disable. Then boot and in its place will be information on your system.

tasr :)

I believe all the Bios' for the NF4 (Original) are the same. (NF4-D, Ultra-D, SLI-D, SLI-DR). If you're having issues with your computer restarting like that i would go back into the Bios and adjust everything back to default voltages, HTT(FSB), and timings to see if that helps. If that resolves your issue i would redo your overclock from scratch since something is not right in there unless you have a software issue (OS might be corrupted) or it could be a PSU issue. :)

Note: Your Sig is not well put together, please revise it and have it state the correct Motherboard (BIOS), CPU, RAM, VIDEO CARD, PSU, OS?

Ok it doesnt say it in the POST screen. And not to reiterrate my previous Topic. Its not my OS I have installed xp liek 3 times and tried 3 different OS's all of em do it.

if not sli ready, easy to do.

there are stickies on the subject. plus, i bet if you look at the box your MB came in..............

and, yes, you will notice sli at the first boot screen.

did mine, easy as pie, and the SLI displayed first reboot.

baldy

if not sli ready, easy to do.

there are stickies on the subject. plus, i bet if you look at the box your MB came in..............

and, yes, you will notice sli at the first boot screen.

did mine, easy as pie, and the SLI displayed first reboot.

baldy

Thanks for the info I wasnt looking to convert my board to a SLI just trying to get some issues figured out and was wondering if the previous user put on a wrong bios on the board. Thanks though.

Lanpartys D, Ultra-D, SLI-D and SLI-DR have the exact same BIOS and layout....the only thing different is the DR has an extra RAID controller...

nothing in the bios tell you wich version you have...the boards themselves might have the right model written on them just above the memory slots...

Even if you go to the DFI website and look for BIOSes you'll see only one for all the aforementioned models....