Sign in to follow this  
Boosted420a

Opty 170 stable at 9x290 but not 10x260... wtf?

I'm trying to figure this out. My opty is rock solid stable at 9x290 @ 1.35v+104%, while 10x260 gives me all kinds of erros in prime95 at the same voltage. The most it has ran is 4 hours on the "good" core. The memory setting were left the same for the 10x260, which is 2.5,4,4,7 which is very loose for this ram at that mhz. Tightening the memsettings to 2.5,3,3,6 1:1 actually gave me my longest run, but it's still super unstable.

Have you tried different dividers? Some memory doesn't like certain dividers at certain speeds.

Have you tried different dividers? Some memory doesn't like certain dividers at certain speeds.

The 9x290 and the 10x260 were at 1:1. I've tried the 9/10 divider on the 10x260, and i get a little further in prime, but it still errors out. Any divider below that I think is a waste of my ram IMO, and have not tried it yet. The only plus to that would be possibly running some super tigh timings.

try divider of 5/6. you may think its a waste of your ram, but their extra MHz will surely make up for it. my mem is good up to 290 Mhz, but i have it running @ 220 MHz or so.

Hey Boosted I am having the same kind of problem. How do you guys get the speed so high??? I am stable at 2.3 but cannot get it stable any higher(231x10). I have gone to " The Definitive DFI A64 Overclockers Guide" but it suggests to test each part at a time(the CPU and the RAM,which is a good idea) but the problem there is---I cannot turn down the LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio (Ram Ratio) to 100 like it says. The lowest mine starts out at is 200 and I cannot get it to go any lower. So now what do I do. Is there some trick that I am missing??? All the rest of the guide makes sense to me but now I'm stuck. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

J Dev

try divider of 5/6. you may think its a waste of your ram, but their extra MHz will surely make up for it. my mem is good up to 290 Mhz, but i have it running @ 220 MHz or so.

I tried the 5/6, it's stable, but performance wise it is noticably slower compared to the 9x290. I should just leave it at that i guess, but it's bothering me that it won't run at 10x260 1:1. Maybe its somthing funky with the multiplier.

I tried the 5/6, it's stable, but performance wise it is noticably slower compared to the 9x290. I should just leave it at that i guess, but it's bothering me that it won't run at 10x260 1:1. Maybe its somthing funky with the multiplier.

Chances are its some settings you have for your ram, all you can really do is try messing with drive strengths and whatnot, check out the overclocking database for people with similar ram.