Sign in to follow this  
cull

DFI Chipset fan

130 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yea!
    • I havent had any problems with the current stock cooler

There are alot of reasons why DFI doesnt do that for one its not to hard to replace and for two I think that DFI should spend the extra money on research and developement so that they can continue to put out quality OC boards for us.

Guest Timmay
Eh, I went with no because I prefer modding stuff anyways. Plus they've alway worked fine for me, temps never over 45C, fans never spun up either. You guys are all crazy. :P

Same here on both accounts... As long as your case has decent airflow then you shouldn't have a problem. I have never seen more then 55°c on my chip-set the only time I have was when I was running far too many volts through it to make sure it wasn't limiting my overclock.

I usually see around 40°c under full load.

I like the do it yourself modding. Besides if they put everything you wanted on the board stock what would you spend all that extra cash on? Your wife or girlfriend? Not

Absolutely, the quality of the current NB cooler makes me reluctant to purchase another DFI Lanparty UT, or to have my dead NF4-ultra-D rma'd since it would come back with the same NB cooler that may have killed it in the first place...

Never had a problem with mine it works just fine even unplugged it has run fine for almost 2 years now running 24 7 except when on vacation. The only time it stopped working is when I reinstalled the videocard wrong. I dont see much point for a different cooler that uses a fan except for looks. I do have a large case with good airflow but I am sure I might want better if I had a case that could not help keep temps down. Even then I would prefer a cheap one that I could mod. Not that I would have anything aganst a copper cooler that would be nice too.