DFI Chipset fan

cull

130 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yea!
    • I havent had any problems with the current stock cooler

Because the current DFI fan, to be blunt, sucks. If any of you have used the VC-RE you know how great it is. Running your chipset at 50c is just unacceptable.

I am so glad I got the VC-RE. I have to thank Angry for pointing me to the thread about it. I usually leave my system on 24-7, the stock fan was so loud I had to turn it off at night so I could sleep.

Because the current dfi fan, to be lunt, sucks. I any of you ahve used the vc-re you know how great it is. Because running your shipset at 50c is just un exceptable

Please edit this post for spelling, it bugs me. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :rolleyes:

Please edit this post for spelling, it bugs me. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :rolleyes:

Not paranoid, just anal. :cool:

God I'm such a nice guy tonight...lookin for something better to do than studying for my final in the mornin...

I voted H%#% Yes. Although I have two DFI boards with the original chipset fans, No problems with either. I really like those VC-RE. fans, mostly because it's a mod and there pretty. :rolleyes:

This post sensored by myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I voted yes although I have NOT had any problems with any of the 3 DFI motherboards that I have owned I have always 'upgraded' as a matter of course after a few months anway.

I would guess it would all come down to economics and the 'additional cost' involved in having an evercool fan attached.

Perhaps a poll of if we think DFI should be using AS 5 as standard instead of the 'other stuff' they use may well be more appropriate. However, if they used BOTH now that would be wonderful BUT ...... what we then do if everything was done for us? how would we then spend those hours instead of tweaking, replacing and updating bits ??

just a thought