Sign in to follow this  
kaddy69

Help! Northbridge fan stopped...Melted!! Dfi Ultra-D

This may have been asked already ( I have done a 30min google search) but where can I buy this cooler in the UK..?

thanks

Biker

Jona I checked and they dont the evercool, but rather some no-name cooler - is the same thing just rebaged..? I aint paying £12 plus postage, when its only $9 over there....

But that JingTing cooler looks more like it, I see the heatpipe is adjustable, it should clear the back of my overclocked 7900GT (I have a small memory heatsink on the memory voltage chip) If only I could find where to buy it in the UK..

Find the JingTing chipset heatpipe cooler, install it at the 10'Oclock position BEHIND the video card, (remove the fan you dont need it) and it works great. I peak at high 40'sC now WITHOUT the fan.

I installed the VC-RE on the weekend and can thoroughly recommend it. Temps are down 10C. It is very easy to install and even at low RPM it cools very well. Chipset now sits at about 36 under load.

Since everybody here is talking about chipset coolers I'm gonna but in here with a question that has been burning into my head...and I'm sorry again for the question but it might be useful to others as well....I noticed that there are two versions of the evercool....the VR-CE and VR-CF.....

everybody here seem to recommend the VR-CE and nobody says anything about the CF.....is the CF compatible with the DFI NF4?

I know for a fact that the main difference is the annoying twinkling lights on the CE which I couldn't care less about, specially since I have a clear sided case and I hate bright stuff....

Thanks

From what i can see, the VC-RF is the same, with a piece of plastic on top. :P Same dimensions, but it costs $5 more.

also a set of bga ram-sinks included with the RF, so u are not just paying for the plastic grille shield thingly