Sign in to follow this  
Weiser

Need More RAM!

Hey everyone, as you can see from my system specs below I have 1 gig of OCZ 4000 VX Gold (2x512). Well I need to get more and don't know exactly what options i have. Can i get 2 gigs (2x1gig) of the same memory and just use the other two slots in the mobo? or will that slow all my memory down? Should i just get the 2 gigs and pull out the 2 x 512?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

get another 2 512 of the same sticks

If you go for 4 sticks you'll have only 2T, so if I were you I'll go for 2x1Gb and sell the old one

Guest burningrave101

Just sell your 2x512MB sticks on eBay and buy 2x1GB. Its as simple as that.

Hi...

I'm running 4 Sticks, before I had 2 sticks of this memory and I don't see any difference between 1T or 2T... all things are running smooth like they did before. Maybe you see little difference in some benchmarks... that's all...

Greets

I say get another set of 512 sticks, You get tighter timmings with 4x512 sticks that 2 gig sticks.....but really it all seems to not matter tight timmings or 1T or 2T....it seems the raw MHZ are the one thing that makes a real difference...

you wont like my suggestion but keep the 1g OCZ gold kit with tight timings for backup (and benching), and get a 2g kit with looser timings for general use and gaming.

Sign in to follow this