DFI where are you when i need you!!

v_lestat

Oscar and the gang where are you when i need you!!!

i just got my Intel D 955 Extreme Presler and you guys dont have a board!!!

what the hell am i supposed to do with this chip!!!!

who am i supposed to trust now with 2x 2m L2 Dual HT cores, (4 effective cores)

2gig of PC25300 and my 7800 GTX ?

there has been scuttle butt of a new 775 board,,, you guys have really been missing the boat lately with intel.

you dont have any problems with sales, you pretty much hold the market for AMD so why not do the same for intel..(whats funny about that is that if you called amd the Ultra-D series as of a few months ago was STILL NOT on their compatability list for the Venice and higher cpu's!!) yet DFI holds the market share for them lol.

anyways.. i REFUSE to entrust this cpu to ASUS and their P5WD2-E Premium.. for 225 bucks you STILL are required to mod the baord in order to get any real good clocks out of it because of some seriously crappy voltage regulation.

Not to mention the fact that the Marvell SATA controller doesnt even do RAID.. and ASUS at this point has pretty much not done a thing about it! yeah that makes me want to go buy that board or anything made by those bunch of retards over there.

Come on DFI the intel community is begging you, I AM BEGGING YOU!!!!

Send me a board im happy to do an NDA, i am under about 5 right now with work anyways, whats one more

AceGoober -

sorry i missed your IM the other day , since i was at work i didnt even notice you messaged until after you signed off. been many months since we talked

stop being such a snob now that you have mysteriously made your way into the Moderation ranks!!!

come online sometime and let me know if your still enjoying that modded Audigy!

angry games that just isnt the best option in the world.. asus ... god dont even get me started on asus

anyways it seems its a good board but 1) 225 bucks! come on asus.!! 2) their reputation has been tarnished to the point were only the hardcore asus loyalists will buy their hardware now. 3) i have a personal vendetta to never buy anything from them again! i been shafted way too many times by their stuff. even the little clawhammer system i made the girlfriend with a K8N-E Deluxe is getting swapped out to a 250GB that K8N-e is just garbage.. cant even run stock without issues!

my personal choices are MSI or DFI.. the last intel board i had was an MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum and it was a freak of a baord, total killer! dfi.. well thats all i have ever had for my 754 and 939 systems. i see no reason to change vendors.

and conroe... yeah yeah yeah..... conroe this conroe that,,,, they said that with the Dothan too.... and look where it got them... they said that with the Yonah... they said that with the regular dual cores when they came out which still get trompted by AMD. its allll a bunch of hype that lasts a few months then fades away. he only reason i said yes to this chip is was it was free and its te dual core HT Extreme and everyone knows just kick tail hardcore,, thats why they are over a thousand dollars..

im about to trade this up for an FX-60 or something... intel has never been my bag baby lol.. i wouldnt have this chip if i didnt have friends in the business... unforutnately.. he doesnt have any mobo's but oem intels otherwise i would see if he had one of the intel "bad axe" systems. atleast to get me started. but i just come back to dfi anyways.

Yup, I wouldn't touch ASUS either - had too many ASUS products of mine (and friends) blow capacitors when running stock as. Their quality control/parts quality has gone downhill. I haven't been impressed. Pity there's not an Intel board for you from DFI :(. MSI is second best, imo, so check them out?

The Asus P5WD2-E Premium may not be the best option in the world (especially for hardcore overclockers), but at the current time, it is the best solution currently available on the market, at least in my opinion.

I have built four machines using that same exact model of board and haven't experienced any issues at all, though not all the features residing on the motherboard are being used, such as the SIL SATA controller.

The reason for purchasing the boards for my clients was due in part to the implementation into mission critical environments (home offices). If it had been for any other reason then I would have gone the DFI / AMD route.

Once DFI produces a Intel 975x board, I will be implementing them into my default Intel based system configuration. Until then, the Asus P5WD2-E Premium will remain.

so you hate Asus boards

I still love Asus boards

they aren't anything close to the overclocking monsters that DFI boards are, but they are very good boards that overclock pretty well if you know what you are doing.

that being said, I'll explain again why DFI doesn't have any Intel offerings

99% of our motherboard sales are AMD64 based

1% is AthlonXP + Intel combined

no one is buying Intel stuff because lets be honest...Intel stuff is crap compared to AMD64 stuff for what we (DFI buyers) want it for...and the fact remains that AMD64 is still the best performer in games and just about everything else (unless you clocked your Intel p4 LGA775 to 6Ghz...then it can beat A64 stuff I suppose).

Dothan is where Conroe comes from. Dothan was a mobile chip designed on teh P3 core that had extremely short pipelines and only a few of them (12 if i remember correctly, unlike the 20+ stages of a Prescott junker cpu).

When users who bought the DFI 855 boards and 2Ghz Dothan chips and clocked them up to 2.6Ghz ran benches against the fastest 2.6Ghz Athlon64 cpu's, the the Dothan destroyed anything AMD could put up.

Intel...in one of their few wise decisions, realized that THIS, not their piece of . Pentium4 Netburst crap, was where the performance really was...and couple that with the fact that AMD64 cpu's ran 1000Mhz slower than their Intel counterparts and yet still could whip them in games and most apps...Intel lost a lot of market share with those of us that don't buy Dell and HP and Gateway pc's etc...which is now a pretty significant percentage of the marketplace (but still less than 60%...probably only about 25%...but 25% of a billion potential customers is...a hell of a lot of customers)

anyway

until Intel comes out with Conroe...no one is going to spend any money on their junk.

When Conroe comes out, there's going to be a shortage most likely for a while as everyone and their dog buys one and overclocks the piss out of it.

which also means Intel will have to come up with a stupid new performance scheme, since pure Mhz means nothing anymore, and their numbering system on their current P4's is so confusing and really nothing more than marketing lies.....and now everyone knows that AMD's cpu numbering scheme doesn't really matter because AMD produces superior cpu's...

well

you know

it's all marketing

keep in mind Intel markets to the masses like Dell and Gateway etc because they *OEM's* still make up the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of consumer buyers...

AMD markets mainly to enthusiasts like you and me, and server markets with their superior Opteron cpu's, and they have finally been able to push Intel off the top run of that particular ladder.

so

the fact is, we won't make a board for Intel cpu's because we have a warehouse or three full of them that no one will buy

but it looks like the 975X is the perfect chipset for the moment for the new Conroe cpu's, and you can probably bet there's a 985 or 995 or some other stupid numbering scheme for the next Intel chipset that will be even better (because honestly...no one makes a better chipset than the cpu mfg themselves, and Intel has always had the best chipsets, even if they haven't had the best cpu's).

Angrygames

i totally agree and the only reason i have this stuff is because it was free :)

yup a 955 XE a 7800 GTX and 2gigs of PC5300 DDR2 free :) good to have friends in high places!

i am pretty much ready to put this stuff up for trade or sale. atleast the cpu and ram..

frankly i would rather have an X2 4800 or FX60

i would GLADLY trade the 955XE and ram for an FX60 or good clocking 4800 or 4400 and 2 gigs of nice ram..

btw i have a hand picked ASUS P5WD2 -E Premium coming.. got it from Fugger at XS so... ya never know... maybe ill throw the ram cpu and mobo up for trade for a wicked AMD dually setup.

is the DFI Expert board still .... well.. troublesome.. when i first came out there were several people.. that you know or may now who had their chips fried from that baord and i frankly wouldnt want that to happen to me.. i'd go after dfi to replace it.

is the DFI Expert board still .... well.. troublesome.. when i first came out there were several people.. that you know or may now who had their chips fried from that baord and i frankly wouldnt want that to happen to me.. i'd go after dfi to replace it.

*sigh*

after all we have explained that it was nothing but an ugly rumor coupled with some moron at XS that had a beta board that wasn't even close to production board, and yet this moron stuffed a $1000 cpu into it knowing the board was bad, and it burned out his cpu, and then, like a TRUE TOTAL IDIOT MORON he plugged in another $1000 cpu and it burned, and then like TRUE TOTAL DOUBLE MORON IDIOT he plugged in yet another $1000 cpu and it burned...and yet somehow this is DFI's fault?

and yet somehow dfi has had to pay for this rumor by people like you propagating it across the internet because some bigshot moron at XS that everyone trusts burned his cpu out...which tells me that the bigshot moron at XS shouldn't really be trusted since a bigshot moron should know better (but then he'd not be a moron right? He'd just be a bigshot).

so

everyone should stop trading this rumor like it is a hot stock pick just because joe blow idiot at XS that everyone trusts says it burned his cpu up when he had NO BUSINESS plugging a cpu into the board in the first place...and he had even LESS BUSINESS rolling out the rumor mill online like he did (which is why I don't venture to XS at all because everyone thinks they are elite yet the most elite moron burned up $3k worth of cpu's when a total idiot like me would know better than to even plug a cpu into the board)

i was looking for a definitive answer but not such a harsh one guy.

i know 3 people who had retial boards that this happened to and it was far from rumor ....

but anyways... i dont see people complaining about it but i see less people with that board and more with the SLI-DR

is there a reason to not use the Expert or a .."if you dont need this.... dont get the Expert"

it was my understandning that it was more of a,, across the board fix to issues with the other versions.. is that more true ?

hey you dont have to preach the highs of DFI to me i know first hand how they just kick the crap out of everyone else lol