Seasonic S12 430w with DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert?

granulf

Will this combination work? I've heard a lot of problems with DFI and seasonic. Will this work fine? I would like to replace my hiper 580w...

Some SeaSonic users have problems, some don't. You can try your luck, but you should really do a search on this forum regarding the Seasonic because there are lots and lots of threads with your answers. :)

Are you sure I need more power? Here's my setup:

x2 [email protected](1.55V)

X1800xt@780/1660(1.52)

320gb hard drive

It does need quite a lot of power, yes...

You're welcome to try it with an underpowered PSU, but recommended is 480 - and thats without a powerful graphics card.

Put your complete specs in your sig by the way, and good luck.

You're welcome to try it with an underpowered PSU, but recommended is 480 - and thats without a powerful graphics card.

Put your complete specs in your sig by the way, and good luck.

Ok, I might just skip it then... I would like to have the seasonic s12 600w, but I guess it's like a 50% chance it will work??

Ok, I might just skip it then... I would like to have the seasonic s12 600w, but I guess it's like a 50% chance it will work??

You really should just get a beefier power supply, it still baffles me on how much money is thrown into a rig but no attention is paid to the correct PSU for it.

You certainly aren't the only one by any means, its just frustrating for the rest of us sometimes.

You really should just get a beefier power supply, it still baffles me on how much money is thrown into a rig but no attention is paid to the correct PSU for it.

You certainly aren't the only one by any means, its just frustrating for the rest of us sometimes.

Well, as previously stated, I do have a Hiper Type-r 580w at the moment, which certainly does its job. The only problem is the noise. It's way too noisy in my opinion... The Hiper can deliver two 12V rails, one 20A and the other one 18A. I would have thought the Seasonic 430w with 14A and 15A would be able to serve my computer? So do you have any other suggestion for a VERY QUIET psu, yet powerful enough? :confused:

In my own experience the Hiper Type-R 580W was fairly quiet, but it might have been an improved revision.

My current PSU is very quiet indeed. It has just one fan, but is very cool. It still looks like it’s running whatever mobo, including the Expert, with great success. Hence I give the FSP Epsilon line my recommendations.

Dont worry about it i have 2 Seasonics and i tried my s12-500 and s12-430 on my board for atleast a month with each to see if there are any issues. (the 500 is my friends had to give it back.) I have not had any problems at all and i overclock. But if you were to use SLI/Crossfire then you need to do a upgrade on the PSU, but if not you should be fine. Seasonics are one of the best PSU's you can buy.

You shouldn't worry about the problems that users on this board are having with these PSU's. Seasonic has fixed this problem with the help from Angry. (dont think the fist revisions are even around anymore.)

if you have any further questions about my experences with the 500/430 them PM me and i can answer anything you need.