Dual-layer Dvd Burner!

andrusk

Found this link on another forum. http://www.dvdrw.com/press/duallayer.htm

Makes me really glad ive waited to get myself a dvd burner. Can anyone say no more "backing up" a dvd movie to two dvd-r's? Dual layer goodness! mmmmmmmmmmmmm....... B)

Edited by andrusk

well that would have been me. talked at great lenght with reps from sony and plextor who both said it wouldn't happen due to legal implications. I'm wondering if they found yet another way to keep you from "copying" a dvd.

seems like its still several months from actually hitting the market. i've also read where dual layer burners weren't going to happen, for serveral reasons. not having the technoligy wasn't one of them.

come down a lot? have you been watching thier prices? my first 2.4x dvd+rw ONLY drive from HP was $599.99 when I got it. my multifunction 4x tdk is only $169.99 now. I think thier prices have plumetted already and will just keep going down till cd burners are a thing of the past.

btw cd burners did the same thing. I got lucky thanks to officemax being dumb with some rebates and tagging and saved $400 off my first 2x philips cd burner... still paid close to $400 for it though.