Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bobdude

Odd power up issue (Seasonic related?)...

Guest ShogunCS

Nevermind, DFI has finally posted a new BIOS on their site! I checked last week and there was nothing up. I will check out that BIOS and let you guys know if that fixes the boot problem.

This is definitely not a Seasonic issue. The Seasonic issue works differently. It's usually a small sound followed by a spinup of the fan for 0.5 seconds and then it dies.

That said I do have a Seasonic and it is workign fine on my rig.

Guest ShogunCS

Hmm I've tried out the latest BIOS from DFI (the April one) and I still have the same cold boot problem + the random game crash in Oblivion. Do you guys just think a simple format + flashing back to the old 11/05 BIOS will do the trick? I have the feeling the random crashing may be in part of a driver issue.

Well First off have you resolved your cold boot issue, and the person that claims its not the PSU thats causing the cold boot is correct in one sense and wrong in another. The motherboard and PSU combination is the reason for the cold boot issue, if you are willing you can RMA the board to get this issue fixed as I have done.

Also with Oblivion (spelling on thats proabably off) but it crashing could be due to a number of issues, I have seen it do this on perfectly stable non DFI systems, however more specifically with your case I had that issue with other games and flashing to the newest 04/06/06 Bios (I got it without issue) fixed the crashing problem, also the 11/02/ or whatever bios it was worked well. A few games were actually fixed by the games patches, so get the game up to date if possible, and go ahead and flash the bios (you can always flash back) and see if it works for yah.

Guest ShogunCS

Thanks for the advice, I'm currently running my system with the latest Expert BIOS from DFI, I'm going to format my PC and start fresh. Hopefully my issues regarding the crashes will be resolved. As for the cold boot issue, I am quite certain it is simply just a PSU and motherboard combo that don't like each other. I may just end up replacing my Seasonic with an Enermax PSU or something.