Sign in to follow this  
Burky

Temperatures of dual core opterons

Ok After 5,1/2 hours of dual prime, my 165 had a load temp of 41-42 but with the 2 120 fans of the radiator spinning at half of their max RPM (thats 600 from 1200RPM). Freq is 2565 with 180 divider.

What do yall think about 165 CCBWE 0610 at 2.997mhz (1.5 V) with 38C idle, 60C dual prime? Ambient temperatures are about 23 - 24 C. It runs stable but seems like pretty hot temps to me.

Maybe I put too much AS5? I put like a 1 square centimeter of even spread (thin), and after removing the heatsink a few days later it was covering the entire IHS pretty wealthily.

Tim

CCBWE 0546 XPMW 25C idle 30C single prime instance

i never knew you could run two,i'll have to try it.

I run my opteron at 2.7 GHz at 1.475v. The room is about 78-85 fahrenheit. Right now at full load, mobo system temp is 36c and CPU at full load is 46c with all fans on full blast. I use a Tuniq Tower 120 as my heatsink.

I applied the heatsink well, but there might be a small chance a part of the goop wasn't spread properly, this happened once when I installed the old zalman heatsink. Removing the mobo from the case, due to my custom added fans, tons of wires, and the very annoying installation of the heatsink would be an hourlong project, so if these temps sound high, I'll try taking it off and remounting it.

I don't know if that's the problem, or just that the ambient temperature is too high. When I turn the fan to 7v the heatsink gets so hot at full load that it makes my hand sweat if I put it on top where it blows the air up, so I think it is making good contact, but the fact that others are at 1.5v+ with 40-41c load temps, with smaller heatsinks makes me think something is up.

At stock speeds and volts, with all the fans on, if the mobo system temp is 34c, the CPU is 34c at full load.. or 36c if I quiet things down. Same for my Venice 3000+.. this heatsink is strong enough to keep the CPU, at stock speeds/volts at 0-2c above the motherboard system temperature.

Specs as in my sig (2.82ghz).

Idle: 32-33 degrees

Load: 45 degrees

What do yall think about 165 CCBWE 0610 at 2.997mhz (1.5 V) with 38C idle, 60C dual prime? Ambient temperatures are about 23 - 24 C. It runs stable but seems like pretty hot temps to me.

Maybe I put too much AS5? I put like a 1 square centimeter of even spread (thin), and after removing the heatsink a few days later it was covering the entire IHS pretty wealthily.

Tim

That's a good clock, but temps going over 50 degrees are an issue and should be sorted. 60 is getting dangerous.

You're meant to put about 3/4 of the size of a BB on your chip, and then spread it from there. I don't know if what you did is too much.

Surely you mean CCBBE 0610 stepping, right? I never heard of any memory revision for 0610 except CCBBE.

Well at 2.6ghz at 1.45v I am getting idle temps of 33 degrees and load of 43-44 degrees. Also note I increased my temp in the bios by 10 degrees because the expert board reads the temp wrong.

0615 ccbbe 2.8ghz @ 1.4v and 57c loaded :/ that's with a BT. I have had nothing but bad luck with 165's that run really really HOT... this is my 4th.

maybe bad case airflow, bad mounting on the BT. The BT is only a hair behind the Tuniq I have, which isn't even closet to 57c at 1.4v.

Watercooling Opteron 175 with signature settings, cpu at overclocked signature settings runs at 32° C idle and 40° C load (dual Prime95) with 25° C room temperature.

Really bad stepping, max overclock is 2.75 ghz @ 1.55 volts :(

I dono, its been mounted many different times and the case is "open" :/

maybe bad case airflow, bad mounting on the BT. The BT is only a hair behind the Tuniq I have, which isn't even closet to 57c at 1.4v.