Temperatures of dual core opterons

Burky

I'm getting a new case soon, and since I want to be able to move around every few months, I have decided to go for a Super Lanboy case, as it is light, and compact.

However there is little room in for my watercooling needs.

As you see in my sig, I am only using generic watercooling.

In the winter, my temps hit around 24 degrees, but now they're rising to 27 at idle, which isn't that great really.

I am interested in knowing what temperature everyone hits with their dual core opterons, to see whether it would be worth me selling off my watercooling, and just buying a high market cooler like an SP90 or big typhoon.

I'm happy to spend $80 or whatever on a good HS, and the new case will have good airflow, so a HS should work well.

So could everyone tell me what their idle and load temps are, what cooler [EDIT], along with voltage (needs to be taken into account).

[EDIT] Also:

Originally posted by Shaolin95

Guys please post YOUR ambient temp. If you dont do that then non of your temps make much sense for a comparison.

Thanks a lot, Burky.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.

Please can people post in this. I am basing my decision on whether to ditch my cheap watercooling for air cooling entirely on your results. Please help me out guys. I know there are more than two opteron users out there.

(Thanks Thraxz)

I'd like to know how your chip is that cool with that cooler. My chip runs at 1.4v and Idles around 38C and creeps up to about 45C when its under load.

I've tried to reset my cooler three times and it's screwed on tight with some AS5 in the middle. Damn frustrating.

I am using the tuniq tower. Keeps temps at 40c under dual instances of P95 large test. Its a good cooler, but I wouldn't recommend it in your case. The tuniq tower is such a large and heavy cooler that I don't like moving it unless I have to.

I am currently testing mine as I just got it yesterday and I'm at 285x9 = 2565mhz at 1.4v running dual prime instances at 46C load....I have a xp-90 with a panaflo fan ....with my old Manchester at 2.500mhz it used to run at 41, 42C on load both cores....damn these Optys are toasty....

the xp-90 or zalman 9500 would be the way to go...imho

water cooling is as good as the ambient tempature...my zalman 9500 cools as well as my exos 2 unit...just my 2 cents

ppl how do you get those temps? I run an OPT 165 watercooled and 2 120 fans on a dual radiator and i get idel around 30 and 55 C during S&M. Even in stock voltage and freq i have way to high temps for that kinf of WC. LAst official bios used.

This pic is without the fans

stacker21tw.th.jpg

Closer and pump

stacker31hn.th.jpg

pump22xm.th.jpg

Used artic ceramique instead if AS5. And also i get i TOO HIGH PWMIC temp....around 65+ C. which force me to use a small fan in the area. Something i didnt have to do with my previous OPT 146 oced to 2800. The 165 is running at 2650 as we speak....