Opty 165 Overclocking database

Recently picked up an opty from newegg with a ccb1e stepping and a week date in between supposedly the best known overclockers for this chip. Clocked it up to 2.7 without any trouble from the chip on stock air(I consider myself knowledgable at computers, but not overclocking), my main fault was not knowing/having the time to find out what each memory setting should be set at for overclocking. The guide from these forums was great in that respect as my memory is TCCD. Not every figure was exactly the same but they were very close. Seems my main limit for stability was trying to run 1:1. After I turned this down to a known good setting ie ddr400, i was able to load into windows and run stabilty checks(superpi, and dualcore prime95). I'm going to tinker a bit more and see what I can get off air before I think about installing my vapochill. :P

Update: well threw my vapo at it and found a bug I guess, for some reason it doesn't want Verify/ Update/Save the DMI pool at the end of the bios posting when overclocked. Currently running the 4/06 bios, might drop back to one that I used with my 3500 winnie see if it removes the problem. Who knows maybe I corrupted the bios somehow when installing the vapo or maybe the temp sensor on the opty is off/buggy, temp read from bios says -16deg C, smart guardian 235 deg C, and vapo says -50deg C. Anyone else encountered a problem like this?:( Well time to get to it.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. When I get some time in the next few days I'll put something together for the OCDB. I've got a feeling this cpu still has something left in it if I would relax the memory timings some. Right now the memory controller is getting hit pretty hard. I'll probably retire my 170 since this one clocks a little higher.

Hey praz, you may have been asked before, but what app is that transparent sidebar in the screenshot? Is that from a vista transformation pack or something? im really interested, i like the way you customized it and wouldnt mind trying something similar. Thanks.

Hey praz, you may have been asked before, but what app is that transparent sidebar in the screenshot?

It's a program called Samurize. What's posted in the screenshot doesn't look like much. I'm still doing the layout and configuration The possibilities with this program are unlimited. If you need any other info pm me so as not to get off topic in this thread.

Ordered from Monarch on the 5th last Friday. I'm happy to report. Stepping

CCBBE 0610DPMW 2700MHz. @ 1.34V I decided I would try some burn- in don't know that it works but what the hell, figured I give it a try.