Opty 165 Overclocking database

WOOOOOOOOOOT!

I finally got my 165 upto 2.6Ghz!! FX-60 Baby!!!

22hrs prime stable with a complete set of OCDB tests :)

The only downfall is that my ram licks ball$ so i had to drop it to a 140 divider, lol, but that will all change when i get my HZ's in a week or 2 then i will see if i can get it any higher.

Same stepping as me... Did you set it 290x9 or another value? Care to tell me the voltage setup!? Might try it once more, since my memory clock wasnt recognized. Can CPUZ tell the memory clock? Mine can't at that setup, wich is strange and why i haven't kept it.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tabasco

I have just completed Re-building my PC to the spec’s listed below – the pc was a complete rebuild, (no upgrading for last 5 years!!)

My question is what kinda of speeds should my new rig be capable of ?

And what settings do I have to tweak / alter to achieve them

(A breakdown of bios settings from someone with a similar rig would be ideal – as I’m not an avid tech head as of yet!!!)

I’ve managed my first baby steps of upping the CPU FSB to 220 which gave an overclock of 1965MHZ (3Dmark 05 score of 9865) but setting the FSB to 250 results in a no post

– requiring a reset of CMOS jumper

I’m pretty new to overclocking, but have read up plenty on topics such as calculating the memory dividers, Memory frequency/ clock speed & LDT Speed.

Any help would be greatly received….

TaBaSco

Woohoo! I got lucky twice so far this morning... lets see if it holds for a third time! I caught the FedEx truck with my new Opty 165 right at the FedEx place, so I didn't have to wait (luck 1!!). Luck two came when I opened my retail 165 I ordered from ZipZoomFly last week and saw it was a CCBBE 0615DPMW!!

Going to be taking out the 148 in my sig and swapping today! Will post back with results!

Same stepping as me... Did you set it 290x9 or another value? Care to tell me the voltage setup!? Might try it once more, since my memory clock wasnt recognized. Can CPUZ tell the memory clock? Mine can't at that setup, wich is strange and why i haven't kept it.

Not too many that ive seen with this stepping. I think Mack has one, but hes one of the only others that ive seen.

im at 289*9 @ 1.25v + 123% for 1.52V with my ram on a 140 divider for about 200mhz.

No, CPU-Z dosnt recognize that 140 divider which i thought was kinda odd also, but ive run it through all the tests (made a little OCDB entry just to test for stability)

Back to that CPU-z thing....i use systool as well and it says im running 1:1, LOL, the magical value ram that does 289MHZ!!!!!

Quick Results from my 165 CCBBE 0615DPMW:

320x9, 1.5Vcore (2880MHz)

150 Mem divider, 3.2Vdimm (240MHz)

So far, I'm SPi stable, Prime stable, and will be making an OCDB entry later today once I finish 3dM03,05,06.

Hi all,

I cant find any Opty 170 threads to post in so do you mind if i park here with my 170 CCBBE 0610DPMW. Ive read a bit about this stepping and find myself quite lucky to have grabbed one.

Just installed the beast so i'll post back with my results as i gain momentum for that 3Ghz Goal.

Nogs

:cool:

Update - Primed stable for 5 hours on stock volts at 2.6Ghz with a temp of 38oC solid - WIll knock this to 2.8Ghz tonight and prime overnight.

Update - Chip is ablolute solid at 2.6 but very unstable at 2.7 or 2.8 with extra volts :sad:. Will leave it at 2.6 for a week of burning before i attempt again.

• 2 weeks later...
Not too many that ive seen with this stepping. I think Mack has one, but hes one of the only others that ive seen.

im at 289*9 @ 1.25v + 123% for 1.52V with my ram on a 140 divider for about 200mhz.

No, CPU-Z dosnt recognize that 140 divider which i thought was kinda odd also, but ive run it through all the tests (made a little OCDB entry just to test for stability)

Back to that CPU-z thing....i use systool as well and it says im running 1:1, LOL, the magical value ram that does 289MHZ!!!!!

Ty for answering. Im having a hard time to get people to respond me.

And as you said already, only a few have this stepping. I just checked out on Newegg and some posts of my memory (OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5, not revision 2) and they managed to go DDR450 and even 460 by only setting CAS to 2.5, wich i believe would not only be a boost but also solve that odd missing clock problem. Might try it on the weekend and ima tell you what happens. This way I can try the 3/4 Divider and go for 2610Mhz on core and 435 on memory. I dont like messing up with timings since they really add the complexity of 4 new variables, but people on newegg are talking about over 20 hours prime stable by only messing with CAS, wich is a hit!

Dont you think your voltage is a little high? Have you tried 1.5V at least?

Any lower on the Vcore and one of the cores craps out. Tried it on a few different occasions, and this is what i ended up with.

Now i have my new 2gb kit and have it up to 260Mhz with the opty at 2.6 with the same vcore settings as posted earlier.

I definetly think i need better cooling before i try and bump the voltage anymore. Im tippin 51-52C which i know is still acceptable, but when i bump it up a notch, i hit 54-55.. Maybe i will try a little something tonight. Its startin to cool down around here, i will just leave my window wide open.

Any lower on the Vcore and one of the cores craps out. Tried it on a few different occasions, and this is what i ended up with.

Now i have my new 2gb kit and have it up to 260Mhz with the opty at 2.6 with the same vcore settings as posted earlier.

I definetly think i need better cooling before i try and bump the voltage anymore. Im tippin 51-52C which i know is still acceptable, but when i bump it up a notch, i hit 54-55.. Maybe i will try a little something tonight. Its startin to cool down around here, i will just leave my window wide open.

What about 2.5Ghz? Have you tried? Maybe with 1.45Voltz...

I dont want to push it that hard (1.52V) since i live in Brazil, and believe me: summer has come and temperatures may come to 40C and even further. My cooling solution is a soberb cable array and a 120mm side duct (plus stock cooling with Artic Silver 5). In this setup I believe i can hit 2.6ghz as you did but ima save it till Crysis come out. Gotta keep my opty breathing for at least 2.5 years from now.

I could get...i believe...all the way up to 2.4Ghz with close to stock volts (1.275*104% if im not mistaken. Between 2.4 and 2.6 is when the big voltage jump occured. I really cant remember what my voltage settings were at 2.5 but i will run a few tests when i get home. (i just got wo work :()