Sign in to follow this  
richiec77

Opty 165 Overclocking database

I don't have the best stepping but at 2.835 I can't complain. If I get a 170 would I get a better chance of getting a 3Ghz overclock. So should I just say screw it.

Getting a 170 alone won't definitely increase your OC potential. It will increase your potential to run RAM at 1:1, but that's all that's guarenteed. You might get a 170 that clocks worse than what you have...

Got some decent results with a 0607 ccbwe. 290x6 @ 1.52 14 hours prime. I think that's the wall though for prime without >1.6 V

EDIT: I need to learn how to use a calculator

got mine on newegg about 2 weeks ago, peaked at 3 GHz but stable at 2.8 on stock voltage, stock heatsink, and air cooling. waht a beast.

Gents I'd like to put this info in a spreadsheet as a reference and source of envy.

I'd just a like a bit more info from people if possible: from the BIOS, CPU Vid Control and CPU Special Control. From benching: The time dual prime was run and the time dual super_pi 32M completed (if applicable).

Actually I just googled my stepping and they said it was pretty good... I dunno I'm a noob to OCing but it seemed like it was pretty easy with my processor.

Gents I'd like to put this info in a spreadsheet as a reference and source of envy.

I'd just a like a bit more info from people if possible: from the BIOS, CPU Vid Control and CPU Special Control. From benching: The time dual prime was run and the time dual super_pi 32M completed (if applicable).

yea... this thread definitely isn't a database.

ever since I put my new RAM in (OCZ GOLD dual channel 2x1GB PC3200), it's been a pain to OC my Opteron.

Where it should usually say 'backup CMOS' it wouldn't and would just restart, so I'd have to fully shut down wait a while then it'd work - weird

At the moment my 165 is @ 2.61 (290x9)

I think my RAM frequency ratio is set to 140mhz, but when I open up CPU-Z it's blanked out where it usually says that - anyone know why?!

I think my RAM frequency ratio is set to 140mhz, but when I open up CPU-Z it's blanked out where it usually says that - anyone know why?!

No idea dude. That's whack!

yea... this thread definitely isn't a database.

OK, if people can give CPU Vid, Special Control, and Prime Length for their their sigged rigs that would be cool.

OK, if people can give CPU Vid, Special Control, and Prime Length for their their sigged rigs that would be cool.

i got an arctic freezer pro 64 today, so i'm gonna up the voltage and see what i can get.

Right, I have done a draft list. I'm going wait until tommorrow before I attach it to this thread, so hopefully people will give me the info I asked for in post 128.

Just have a couple things I'd like to point out. I don't think we need to be as Draconian as saying only people with 8+ hrs prime stable. Afterall, this is to help people with various needs and expectations of stability. It's also interesting to see how close to rock solid various OC's can get. So what I have done is created a section for dual Prime Stable and for dual Super_pi stable. People who only have dual 32M prime stable will have that there info in that section. People who have dual prime stability need to provide the length of time prime was running. This means that there is an easy way to judge various levels of stability for different OC's.

I've trawled through this post, and collected data for users who gave the most complete info. There still are a few gaps. I didn't take results from people without a sig. I didn't take from people who didn't provide a stepping. I only accredited Prime times for people who gave pics. I have also ASSUMED FOR NOW that everyone is talking about some level of prime stability. After a while I will remove people who haven't given some sort of evidence of prime or super_pi stablity or mark them as unconfirmed or something like that. So if people can post screenies or links that would be excellent.