Did They Ever Fix The...

Ghost2520

Did they ever fix the cooling problems with the Geforce FX 5600 Ultra and that problem where it fried from being in screensaver mode for too long? Cause they have gotten pretty cheap and I thought that it would be a significant upgrade from Ti 4200... also what do you think is better? A Ti4600, or a Radeon 9800 Non pro? Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you mean the fx5600 or a 5900? the 5900 models are marketed against the 8900 models, everything i've seen show they're pretty close in performance, depedning on the type of benchmark used. so i doubt the fx5600 is gona be able to touch a 9800.

right now it's not about clock speeds, its more about memory bandwith and the raw processing power of the gpus.

First of all, the geforcefx cards other than the 5900 series suck. second the 9800 version your looking at is the SE version, which sucks. In conclusion... get a 9600 pro =P or wait and get a 5700 ultra or 9600 XT which both look promising.

I second, third, or fourth that can't count, The 5600 is so sluggish, the ti4600 will smoke it. But i will say that the 9800 pro rocks. If I could change my card i would get the 9800 pro 256 version. With the money u have $150, just stick a 9600 pro 256 mb.