Which Power Supply?

Okay... admittedly, power suppplies are something i am entirely clueless about. I've tried reading about them right now, but I'm much too tired to try and interpret this numerical jargon...okay, i found a few PS's and i was wondering which of them (if any) are good? Now, i know PS's are very important, but i do not have a lot to blow on mine, so im trying to spend conservatively. Right now ihave a generic 350W, and i think it is giving me problems. My +12v rails are around 12.6, and from what i hear this can be problematic? im at work right now so i cant check the rest of my rails, but most of them are off by around .2-.5 So i found some Here , and i was wondering if this one is any good (and no, im not interested in the crap leds, its by raidmax which is a name I recognized, so i thought it might be good) Here is another. (in my Sig) you can see that I have 1 HD, 1 DVD (soon to add 1 cdrw), an OC'd proc, 1 sound card, 1 video card, 1 video capture card, 3 case fans, 1 powerful HSF, 1 cold cathode light, 5.1 surround speaker set. Take all this into consideration if you have any recommendations.

This one looks a little bit scheisty, but it has 600W!!!

Here is the last one...this one has 3 fans, so I would have to mod my case to do this one (maybe not that bad of a thing :D)

Okay, there you have it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Out of these which is best, or if you have another one in mind that is beter please post a link to it or suggest it. Please keep in mind though, that i want to spend like $40-45 MAX on this. It does not need to be overkill, just power what I have now (with a little headroom for the future)

Thanks for putting up with me :P

HB

Hey i Have a powertek 600w psu. At my old work the network administrator ordered like 50 of them for servers and stuff and gave me one. I got the blue one in my machine with two fans. Hasn't given me problems yet! :P

6 months and counting. Best $30 investment of my life.

Edited by AYoKoNA

replacing a cheap PSU with a cheap PSU..i love the logic. And wattage has nothing to do with your rails. A 600W PSU won't necessarily fix your problem if the rails on it are garbage too. I would grab an antec truepower 430 for 70$

Okay well the powertek 600w works excellent on my machine and the 20 other SERVERS at Life Alert (where i used to work, Remember the commercial "Help I've fallen and I can't get up"), so i wouldn't say its crap. Sometimes when stuff is cheaper in price then yes its crap, not this one, and Im being frank with you guys, its not a bad PSU at all.

Edited by AYoKoNA