Sign in to follow this  
skEwb

DFI wont let me select US as a country on their RMA form

Guest GripS

Note that there is no asterisk by the country yet everything else is. My guess is if you fill out the rest of the info correctly there shouldn't be a problem.

There is NO online rma form for the US or Canada. This is probably the 30th or 40th time I have written this and search would have found it I am betting. Oh well.

If you are in USA or Canada:

For rma processing contact this address... and to assist you they will need the information shown below. Thank you.

When you email or call DFI (TEL: 1-510-274-8000), please provide the following information:

Product model and revision if known. ( Usually shown as R. AXX or similar on stick-on with barcode on PCI slot).

Link possible revision locations. http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq...TYPE=US&SITE=US

Mother board serial number. On end of box board came in and also in various places on the board.

Place where you purchased this product.

Invoice number or Receipt number from your vendor.

RGone...

Im being serious Here.

You probably wouldn't have to post this the 41st time if the information were on the DFI Site. :cool:

this is probably true

except neither Rgone nor I control the DFI site in any shape, way, or form

We've tried to get them to fix their site a zillion times but we are nobodies so they never listen.

maybe if you write them they will fix it for you and the thousands of other customers out there who have said the same thing

(and while you are at it, complain loudly about their site being either down or slower than death 99% of the time)

yea..that site is soo bad..most of the time i cant even get to the bios or driver downloads as the drop down menus show nothing..tested on multi computers..even a mac.

this is probably true

except neither Rgone nor I control the DFI site in any shape, way, or form

We've tried to get them to fix their site a zillion times but we are nobodies so they never listen.

maybe if you write them they will fix it for you and the thousands of other customers out there who have said the same thing

(and while you are at it, complain loudly about their site being either down or slower than death 99% of the time)

Aha, but you guys could create a stickie with that info on this site, no? I think that would be a good stickie to put under the "Rules" stickie or something. You could also have pics of where to find the revision & serial numbers on various boards and avoid some of those questions as well.

Guest Bulldog

Just to clarify. That form can only be used by residents of Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Belgium, The UK, France and Germany. For residents of anywhere else please contact the party from whom you purchased the board as a primary source of RMA service. As a secondary source you can also contact the DFI branch office in your region.

Thanks Bulldog for the clarifying there. The procedures for rma vary to an extent from DFI zone to DFI zone and from nation to nation around the globe. As a rule the routing of all rma requests in the US and Canada thru tech support first (the only two nations I am familiar with) is done because everyone thinks rma first and I would estimate 75% or more of the time; the board is not bad. So in general there will be no stickies related to rma's placed up on the forum.

RGone...

Just to clarify. That form can only be used by residents of Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Belgium, The UK, France and Germany. For residents of anywhere else please contact the party from whom you purchased the board as a primary source of RMA service. As a secondary source you can also contact the DFI branch office in your region.

Thanks Bulldog for the clarifying there. The procedures for rma vary to an extent from DFI zone to DFI zone and from nation to nation around the globe. As a rule the routing of all rma requests in the US and Canada thru tech support first (the only two nations I am familiar with) is done because everyone thinks rma first and I would estimate 75% or more of the time; the board is not bad. So in general there will be no stickies related to rma's placed up on the forum.

RGone...

Yeah, never thought of that...makes sense.