Sign in to follow this  
D Man

evercool twinkling chipset fan

omg that thing is a pain in the butt to put in i got mine in after about 15 minutes of trying different ways to put it on

but so far its keeping chipset cooler then stock fan did

It's a great cooler. Just don't be stupid like me and put it in with out testing it 1st.

I put me 1st one on and then reassembled rig into case. (I know, I know, should have tested outside case) and the VC-RE was frozen, would not move. Luckily I had ordered two and was able to spend more hours installing the second one. Took the 1st one apart (too expensive to RMA) and managed to get it working.

Always take your time, and always test before reassembling your rig.

omg that thing is a pain in the butt to put in i got mine in after about 15 minutes of trying different ways to put it on

but so far its keeping chipset cooler then stock fan did

hmm... it took me 5 min. to get mine installed.

PITA to install???? It was cake IMO.

I think it was harder to remove the old one, possibly because I was being over-careful with the needlenose pliers as to not scratch the mobo circuitry.

Most of your time in the installation process should go to taking your comp apart and putting it back together, the fan just snaps right in... cake.

PITA to install???? It was cake IMO.

I think it was harder to remove the old one, possibly because I was being over-careful with the needlenose pliers as to not scratch the mobo circuitry.

Most of your time in the installation process should go to taking your comp apart and putting it back together, the fan just snaps right in... cake.

Everyone uses pliers....I used a roach clip. ;) :shake:

D Man - always better to take extra time then rush the job.

And if you guys are telling me you can disconnect and remove the board from rig, remove stock cooler and clean residue, then reapply TIM and replace with Evercool, and then mount and reconnect board

ALL in less than 15 minutes. - well, your wives must hate you in the bedroom.

You're going way too fast dudes. :)

D Man - always better to take extra time then rush the job.

And if you guys are telling me you can disconnect and remove the board from rig, remove stock cooler and clean residue, then reapply TIM and replace with Evercool, and then mount and reconnect board

ALL in less than 15 minutes. - well, your wives must hate you in the bedroom.

You're going way too fast dudes. :)

lol. well I took everything out of my case bc I was watercooling at the time. so once I had my board out already it took me about 5min to get the stock cooler off, cleaned up and put the vc-re on. ArctiClean comes in handy there :D

It took me about an hour to tear my computer apart, clean every component, remove the fan, test the new fan, install it, and put everything back together.

I had my system apart so I figured I would clean the whole thing. It's really not that big a deal to install this new fan.

yes, yes, I believe you dudes.

Was just trying to get a little more real about the total time involved :)

You guys were making it sound like a calf ropeing contest at a Rodeo.

(Throws hands into the air when finished)