"NF4 Expert - SLI-DR Expert with SLI causes Game Crashes"

"NF4 Expert - SLI crashing - Signal Frequency is out of range"

In regards to 4GB Ram:

"NF4 Expert - 4GB on Expert won't run.Update works with 1T"

"NF4 Expert - [RESOLVED] Dfi Mods, Angry, Please Help!"

In regards to Server 2003:

NF4 Ultra-D - Windows 2003 and Directx/Direct3D

Well, none of the solutions seem to apply to me... :drool:

• I have enabled the 8-nc-1-8 PCI-e option in the Bios.
  • My SLI aperature thingy is Disabled.
  • My PCI-e spread spectum is Disabled.
  • I have reflashed the bios to 11/02. (The mobo came with that, but I figured it might have gotten scrambled...).

I know that the 7800s, FX-55, and 4 gigs of ram works, since I pulled it out of a working A8N-SLI. Just to make sure, I tested everything in the following motherboards (swapping parts out and stuff):

• ECS nForce4-A939
  • Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
  • Asus A8N-SLI Premium
  • Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
  • Abit AN8-SLI

Every motherboard works fine with my hardware, EXCEPT the DFI board. Granted, I have no other DFI board, so I could not try that route.

Here is a list of Drivers I have tried:

x32 Drivers:

• 84.21_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe
  • nForce4_amd_6.69_winserver_2003_32_english_whql.exe

x64 Drivers:

• 84.25_forceware_winxp64_english.exe
  • nForce4_amd_6.66_winserver2003_international.exe

I have not tried older drivers, simply because I do not feel that I should be forced to use old drivers to get such a good motherboard working. If I have to resort to 7x.xx series drivers or something, I'll be going back to Asus and stock speeds.

The bottom line is this: SLI DOES NOT WORK. If I try to enable it, my computer starts trippin' bad, and it starts to flicker the screen a lot. Enabling Dual 6600GT in the Bios makes my computer worse. I can play games fine with only one card, but DirectX is acting up, and the computer crashes a lot. I have tried (with this and the aforementioned motherboards)

List of Operating Systems I have tried:

• Windows XP Professional SP2
  • Windows Server 2003 x32 Enterprise
  • Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise

The Nvidia CP only shows that I have DirectX 3 installed. I have run the February DirectX 9 update, and dxdiag shows that I have 9.0c.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all the connectors are attached.....SLI Bridge....4pin floppy connector to PCI-E slot connector, 24 pin atx, 8 pin EPS.....it should work. The only setting required in the BIOS is 8-NC-4-8. I would leave the others that have to do with PCI-E defaults.Both cards are clocked the same. Do you know how many amps your PSU has on the 12v rail? With XP SP2, NF4 6.85, Nvida 84.21 or forceware 84.43 should work. I doubt it will work on 2003 server.Good luck man.

SLI works in server 2003 x32 and x64.

I have no idea the amperage, but I really don't think it would work on other motherboards and not on this one, I mean, just how much amperage does a SLI-DR Expert take?

This is getting really dumb :D By the time I can play Oblivion again, I won't remember who my character was or how to play her anymore... :rolleyes:

Thank you for the replies so far!

@centy - Just what does the dog mean?

So what is the problem? None of us wish to go and read forum posts that we have likely already read or even posted in.

RGone...

the problem my dear mod is the exact same we have been reporting for the past 6-7 months and all u guys including Angry completely ignored after a couple of posts..

when u got SLI and 12/07 or 3-29 BIOS system goes into out of sync when playing games...........

I completely agree, thanks Z3R0-CooL. This is getting really dumb, and I've actually resorted to playing Oblivion on a Asus A8N-SLI until this "issue" is resolved.

How hard can it be to get SLI to work on a SLI motherboard?

As far as the limited knowledge I have on SLI motherboards, this is the only motherboard that seems to be having issues with SLI.

Apart from the 'minor' SLI enabling issue with the expert, I love it :)

Hi Guys I'd like to report I am having what sounds like the same problems as far as SLI not working in SLI mode. I will describe my problem that is stumping me, EVGA tech, DFI tech and everybody else that I talk to. I just finished building my computer 4 or 5 days ago. When I first booted up and set everything in bios the first thing I did was flash the bios to the newest version and then installed windows and installed the newest 6.7 forceware from nvidias website. After that I ran 3dmark06. I was suprised when I got a 6950 score the first run. I went into Nvidia profiles and set it to 3dmark06 profile from the stock global setting and hit a 7000 score. I then installed HL2 because I am a diehard Counter Strike player and I went to play it I clicked on it and I immediately got diagonal lines across the screen. About 15sec later the main menu of counterstrike came up I clicked on video stress test and got the top part of my screen flashing diagonal lines and then in certain parts they would compact into the top 1/4 of the display. I tried to do a screen capture but they dont show up. Anyway I tried another game this time quake3 demo. Again got the diagonal lines on the top part of the screen. I called EVGA they told me flash the new bios in the card and install the new drivers 84.56. Tested everything exactly the same issues. I downloaded the demo for Ghost Recon, this time no diagonal lines but I have 1/2 square blocks on the lower part of my screen that flash. I called EVGA again they said run each card individually and bench them. I did that and in the CSS video stress test I actually got higher fps with one single card, although my 3dmark06 was like a 4500 or something. With only one card I can run every game I have perfectly no problems at all with either card in either slot. So anyway I then put both cards back in and installed coolbits and selected SLI Antialiasing BAM problem gone in CSS and Ghost Recon. Tried every other setting AFR1 and 2, Split Single, Auto. SLI antialiasing was the only one that worked but now my frame rate took a hit. Does anybody out there know or have the same problems as me please let me know. The techs that I have talked to have never heard of this happening. I know somebody else out there has seen this before. Thanks for your time sorry the post was so long.

PS In everest when I click on the Open GL tab I immediately get a light blue screen soemtime light blue diagonal lines and have to restart the computer.