BIOS Flash Failure ***URGENT New Worries

So those familiar with my problems I have been experiencing blue screens of death, mainly when i play intensive games. I disconnected all unnecessaries and still had the problems. I came close to narrowing it down to my soundcard or ram (though ram has passed all mem test) as the X-FI has problems with the nforce 4 chipset and the drivers don't support blah blah. Still unsure..

However A MAJOR PROBLEM has arisen.

I read that perhaps updating the bios would cure the inconsistencies, expecially during gaming and with the creative drivers so I did some research on flashing, I went to the DFI webpage found the 04/06 driver (http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/BIOS/NF4LD406.ZIP) and proceeded to use winflash.. I followed the directions to the T.. and when I rebooted.

Bam.

BEEP BEEP. etc. No video. Nothing.

SO frantically I've been searching for a solution short of taking it to a shop or ordering a new bios or heaven forbid a new motherboard. I have found this: http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/arti...8&seqNum=7&rl=1

which basically states I can move a jumper.. (still dont know which one so i moved them all) and use the floppy which will then update the bios and fix all my problems like clockwork.

Problems with this:

1.I didn't have a floppy so i bummed one from another computer. I connected it to the dead computer and have formatted the disks so far with my laptop. Upon putting them into the dead computer.. well i dont know... it seems to be not accepting the disks because they keep coming out unformatted when i recheck the status on the laptop.

2. i'm not even sure what jumpers to move or not move or if you can even do that on this board. (so i moved them all)

3. dont know if they are supposed to be dos prompt formatted? or how to distribute the files as i've just been copy and pasting.

4. DONT EVEN KNOW WHICH BIOS WILL HELP.

5 since i never used a floppy while the machine was active, i'm not sure its recognizing it. though it is turning on and everything else seems nominal but the stupid bios.

Can you please help me?!

Look in the manual you got with the board and find the CMOS jumper location. Turn the Power Supply off and move the CMOS jumper to the clear position for 10 minutes. Then move it back. Turn power on and boot to bios. When you get to bios choose load optimised defaults, then save and exit.

I tried flashing my bios with the new 04/06 bios and it looks like I have the same problem as you, the system won't boot at all. Initially all 4 LEDs are on with #4 flashing, then they go off one by one but #1 stays on, anyone know a possible solution to this? I tried the 24 hour cmos reset thing and that doesn't work. BTW I got the bios from dfi's website

So those familiar with my problems I have been experiencing blue screens of death, mainly when i play intensive games. I disconnected all unnecessaries and still had the problems. I came close to narrowing it down to my soundcard or ram (though ram has passed all mem test) as the X-FI has problems with the nforce 4 chipset and the drivers don't support blah blah. Still unsure..

However A MAJOR PROBLEM has arisen.

I read that perhaps updating the bios would cure the inconsistencies, expecially during gaming and with the creative drivers so I did some research on flashing, I went to the DFI webpage found the 04/06 driver (http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/BIOS/NF4LD406.ZIP) and proceeded to use winflash.. I followed the directions to the T.. and when I rebooted.

Bam.

BEEP BEEP. etc. No video. Nothing.

SO frantically I've been searching for a solution short of taking it to a shop or ordering a new bios or heaven forbid a new motherboard. I have found this: http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/arti...8&seqNum=7&rl=1

which basically states I can move a jumper.. (still dont know which one so i moved them all) and use the floppy which will then update the bios and fix all my problems like clockwork.

Problems with this:

1.I didn't have a floppy so i bummed one from another computer. I connected it to the dead computer and have formatted the disks so far with my laptop. Upon putting them into the dead computer.. well i dont know... it seems to be not accepting the disks because they keep coming out unformatted when i recheck the status on the laptop.

2. i'm not even sure what jumpers to move or not move or if you can even do that on this board. (so i moved them all)

3. dont know if they are supposed to be dos prompt formatted? or how to distribute the files as i've just been copy and pasting.

4. DONT EVEN KNOW WHICH BIOS WILL HELP.

5 since i never used a floppy while the machine was active, i'm not sure its recognizing it. though it is turning on and everything else seems nominal but the stupid bios.

Can you please help me?!

The BIOS mentioned on your post is the right one for your motherboard.

We have tested many times with this version of BIOS. This version of BIOS works properly. The only one thing you may need to do is: You should Clear CMOS right after flashing your motherboard's BIOS to ensure the CMOS is completely cleared.

Since you did not know what jumper to remove, so you moved them all. However we must say this is certainly not a good idea. It would create more trouble on your case.

Now you flashed BIOS, but are you sure all of the Jumpers are on the right positions? We do not know what exact jumpers you removed or how many jumpers you removed.here we could only suggest you to follow the instruction in user manual listed below to reset those Jumpers to default setting one by one and try to boot up again.http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual/lputnf4%20847505103.pdf

Hopefully, your system will boot up just fine.

I moved the jumpers back to default and then I proceeded to move the ram to the orange slots, disconnected the power, put CMOs in the clear for about 15 mins then reset it and turned it on.

but it still gives me continuous beeps. after another.. after another.... forever.

Does it matter which bios version I downloaded.. There seem to be two 0406 versions

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

EDIT: i tried to clear cmos again and this time it started! Thank you so much for all of your help.. now to cure these blue screens.

congrats the long chomos clear can really help.

Do memtest for the blue screen of death to check the memory.

Try to find someone with the same memory /cpu and check the bios memory settings. might want to memtest each stick seperatly make sure one is not bad etc.

EDIT: i tried to clear cmos again and this time it started! Thank you so much for all of your help.. now to cure these blue screens.

I guess our problems are different then. I tried clearing the cmos many times and it didn't help. I also get one long beep followed by two short ones, and only one LED stays on... anyone else have this problem after flashing the new BIOS? (04/06)