Sign in to follow this  
jlqrb

orange slots

can someone tell me why it is best to use the orange slots for the RAM

can someone tell me why it is best to use the orange slots for the RAM

I thought Yellow = UTT, Orange= TCCD. Orange = safer for first boots, but I'm on yellow slots right now....

Runs a bit quicker on the yellow but it is more stable on the orange. 1T on the yellow, 2T on the orange. I would try the yellow first, if it does not work........use the orange. It may make your life easier.

Guest burningrave101
I thought Yellow = UTT, Orange= TCCD. Orange = safer for first boots, but I'm on yellow slots right now....

Most people probably wont notice much of a difference between the two but i'd say if anything (at least in the past) the yellow slots are more for higher voltage RAM and the orange slots are better for lower voltage RAM. UTT isn't high voltage RAM. It runs low voltage like TCCD.

UTT isn't high voltage RAM.
Wrong! UTT is the memory that appeared on the scene back 7 or 8 months ago that was the high voltage successor to early BH-5 and CH-6 and to run the big numbers certainly requires voltages greater than 3volts and many used 3.5 and greater seeking faster and faster and is the reason there is little to no more of that type available as the memory failed. UCCC and variations of same is not noted to need high voltages.

RGone...

Most people probably wont notice much of a difference between the two but i'd say if anything (at least in the past) the yellow slots are more for higher voltage RAM and the orange slots are better for lower voltage RAM. UTT isn't high voltage RAM. It runs low voltage like TCCD.