Sign in to follow this  
ncWOLFsu

PC Freezes after ~30 minutes of being idle

No. That just says you have no power savings in use on the CPU. Mine is just like it:

power2jk.jpg

A virus scan was running when I took the snapshot. That's why the cPU use on the one core was high. :)

I used to have this problem. It was the Marvell NIC. Disabled it and no more lockup. Weird.

wow are you serious?

how do i disable it? (properly)

thanks a lot if this works. i was starting to think i'd have to randomly RMA stuff and reformat.

i tried that and it didn't fix the problem. i turned off something to do with Marvell in the BIOS and the network card didn't show up in "View Network Connections" anymore. is there something else i need to do to "disable" it to fix my problem?

Disable CPU THROTTLING in your BIOS setup menu.

In Windows change your power management scheme from home/office to ALWAYS ON with monitor set to shut down after 20 minutes.

See if that does the trick.

If you're still having problems after that, try reloading optimized defaults, again make sure to Disable CPU THROTTLING after you've loaded the optimized defaults and see if the problem persists.

If you are still having the lock up, you need to check the power management options on each of your periphials and make sure that none of them are allowing Windows to turn off the device to save power.

Luck

i turned off cpu throttling and all power save options already and it still happens.

i will go back and double check though, but i don't think i missed anything