Sign in to follow this  
lVliS3l2al3L3b0l

Overclocking 1700+

Hey, I have a question. My 1700+ is barely OC'ed right now, its at clock frequency 140 and multiplier at 11. I can't get it higher than 11. I have a Abit kx7-333 mobo. I'm trying to unlock the AMD, I have the materials needed...gap filler, conductive grease, etc. When I try it, sometimes my computer doesn't even start up, and sometimes I could get to the windows startup but it crashes and doesn't start up again, thank god the bios resets and makes all my stuff back to default or my computer would be lost forever!! :( , I think I have sufficient cooling, Thermal Take Volcano 9 @ highest possible RPMs. with 9 or 10 other fans... Can someone help a newb out? :D

rather then bothering with changing your multiplier, you should just up the FSB, like everyone else. Most people dont bother with the multiplier except to lower it to get a higher FSB. But probably 95% of Overclockers never unlock thier chip. Its too much hassle for too little reason,

Just stick with upping the FSB and watch the temps.

make a u shaped of paint around the last l5 bridge to unlock the multis 12.5 and lower google for unlocking athlons and youll find the l5 mod theres no need to use it on the l1 unless its a old pally 1700+ then youll have to connect all the l1 bridges