Ok we know there is an compatibilty issue with PSU's

Guest retratserif

Guest Retratserif
I was about to really push the Epsilon with the P180 (I have it too) as the Epsilon fits great in this case. But, I see you went with the OCZ so be aware it is a very long PSU, so you will likely have to remove your stock bottom case fan (one in front of the PSU) or install a thinner fan in that space. Yeah some boards have issues (as do some of every other component at some point), if it does not boot with the new PSU, I would definitely RMA the board.

Yep, I am going with that for now. I really hope its boots it. I also already have removed that 120x38 staock high speed fan and used a 120x25 on the other sid eof that giving me more room for PSU cables. I will be using a Asetek WaterChill kit in the long run. Tight fit. I will be removing the lower HD drawer to put the dual fan radiator after the first installment.

This is the design I found that would suit me best once its all burned in and stuff.

Pic 2

This guy has it going on. I thought the water cooling part was going to be the most of my worries. lol. never knew these baords were so picky. I will do what it takes to get it going though.

BTW that board in the pic was what I wanted, but thought the Expert would be better for me in the long run and he is using the Enermax NoiseTaker II, same model I had. I guess it works on the Non - Experts just fine, or mabye just his board.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the recommended list really is a great list for the non-Expert boards and likely even the vast majority of Expert boards. It is just that some of the ones on that list tend to have issues with certain Expert boards. On all other counts that seems like a great PSU. Nice water setup in the 180

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Retratserif

I am not gettting the OCZ Powerstream 520. I triedt to order it a week ago but new egg was out everytime I tried. So I started looking for a better one. OCZ GameXStream 700 is looking so good for this. I put everything I am building on hold untill I get it. I have a perfectly working PC that does the job. I have all of my other parts put together and waiting. I may go ahead and mod my case to hold the radiator in the bottom while I am waiting.