• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

1-4 in the East, 5-8 in the West

NJ is the hottest team, and SJ is the most dangerous team

Let's see about that...

I think Carolina showed some serious playing against the Canadiens, think the devils are gonna get past them?

This kid Cam Ward showed some solid goal tending...he's gonna give Elias, Gomez, etc a run for their money...

Let's see about that...

I think Carolina showed some serious playing against the Canadiens, think the devils are gonna get past them?

This kid Cam Ward showed some solid goal tending...he's gonna give Elias, Gomez, etc a run for their money...

lol have you been watching the playoffs or the last month of the regular season at all???

NJ = what....15 wins in a ROW...almost impossible to do in the NHL, including playoffs. They have the best goaltender bar none who already has 3 Stanley Cup rings, they have one of the hottest lines in hockey (Gomez + Gionta), and a second line that is getting red hot (Elias + Parise), as well as a solid defensive front that pursues the puck with intensity, and jumps on rebounds and loose pucks nearly as fast as San Jose does.

then look at Carolina...who struggled pretty badly at the end of the season, yet won enough games to get the #2 seed (but most of that was because all during the season they were hot hot hot...but the last month they were....luke warm at best).

Cam Ward and Martin Gerber are fantastic goalies...but so was Lundqvuist or whatever his name was for the Rangers...and guess what...your goalie is only as good as your defense...and Carolina's defense is pretty stinky right now...they are like Ottawa on offense in a sense that they are super fast with their forwards...but their defense is definitely lacking...and against a red hot, very skilled team like the Devils, they will fold under pressure and there's nothing that even the best, hottest goaltender in the league can do to stop a team when the goalie's defenders break down and choke in front of the net.

And look who they played...Montreal, who...honestly...didn't really deserve to be in the playoffs except they had one hell of a goaltender in Huet. Without Huet, they either don't make the playoffs at all, or they lose in the first round 4-0 and never even come close to winning. The Habs just aren't a good team even though they have plenty of talent...

But let's be taking a serious look at the tale of the tape between these two teams...and I think you will find that there is no team more intense and more dangerous and more ON FIRE than the NJ Devils...the only team that is as dangerous is the SJ Sharks, and thankfully they are in the west.

Ottawa is one hell of a team...they have the BEST line in hockey (Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson), and they have two of the best defenders in hockey (Chara + Redden), as well as an entire team of players that can step up at ANY time and destroy the opposition (Fisher, Havlat, Schaefer, Arnason, Mezsaros, Kelly, Smolinski, Verada, Vermette....I could go on all night).

Ottawa is a dangerous team, but they are full of bad habits and they take a lot of chances by stacking 3 forwards up near the blue line...which is why they get so many breakaways, and they are fast fast fast fast as hell.

Buffalo is another team that is incredibly dangerous and incredibly deep. The Philly Flyer players described Buffalo the best...they don't have a "First Line"...but they have FOUR Second Lines...these guys...you can't throw out your #1 defensive line on their #1 offensive line and think you can get away with keeping them from scoring for that shift, because Buffalo can roll out 3 more #1 lines at any time and score at will on you. Buffalo is definitely the deepest team in the NHL, and is the one that probably can take on both Ottawa and New Jersey.

Agreed...except that the Devils don't have the Duo SS anymore...hehehehe

Last time they were champions they had them....

Again...I'm not saying the Devils are a bad team, they're not...but they didn't exactly played first class teams on their current streak....

Rangers are a joke...don't even know how the heck did they qualify...

Anyway...now it will get interesting since the boys have been separated from the men....

but they didn't exactly played first class teams on their current streak

actually...they DID play a lot of excellent, first-class teams on this streak

15 in a row, as I said, is nearly impossible in NHL hockey, especially with the new rules

Rangers are actually a very very good team, especially with Jagr, Ruchisky, etc all playing at their best...this is why the Rangers were #1 in the division until NJ went on a super hot streak at the end and the Rangers kind of faltered a bit

OMG!!!! I just found my favorite thread! Due to my time living in Canada... I LOVE THE SENATORS!!!!

GO SENATORS!!!!!!!!

No... I am not a fair weather fan... I've been with the Senators all my life. But this year... they are going to win it. THEY ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!!!

They have such a killer lineup this year... THEY ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!!!

Lets see... Zdeno Chara... Dany Heatley... Daniel Alfredsson...Bryan Smoliniski... Martin Havlat.... Jason Spezza.... oh... and Wade Redden. They have such a killer lineup!

Only thing I hope they do well in is goaltending. Long as Hasek doesn't choke or if he does... if Emery keeps it up... we got this... WE GOT THIS!!!!

3 years ago... they were knocked out by the Devils in game 7... this year... We got this...

I for one was kind of excited about the rules change.

The Avs have been good skaters, and pretty quick, I did

hate to see Peter The Great leave..economics aside.

Wished it would have been a larger sheet, but still think

(insert Homer slams here) the Avs benefited from it.

Western Conf. is strong, heck they beat up on each other

all year long. Also, RedWings are out!!!!!