Sign in to follow this  
ludeboy12

system running perfect w/ 3 LEDs

so i thought this was interesting. Vista put my comp to sleep when i was gone, no big deal. So i press the power button to wake it back up and it appears to boot up like instantly (cool as . really) and what do you know I'm browsing the net and having a good old time and I see this lil red light out of the corner of my eye. So i look over and 3 red leds are lit on the mobo.

Guess its a bug when coming out of sleep mode or whatever.

at any rate i thought it was interesting.

-Mike

Aye it gets messed up if you use sleep/hibernate. Advice I have read is to stop using sleep and hibernate.

Yeah, the Beta Bios 3-29-06 still has this issue, but not sure about the lastest Bios 0406 yet. Who here uses the sleep mode on their computer, god have mercy upon you!

I don't use it, but it is working on my Venus, with the 4-06-06 bios. It goes in to suspend and resumes with normal temps now.

What about before, were you having issues with any previous Bios versions? Besides the SLI-DR Expert/Venus are different then SLI-D, Ultra-D, ect....

Absolutely, on both my sli-dr and expert, with any of the many bios I tried, it didn't work. It woud suspend, but when it came back up it would report outragious cpu temps in the 60's and 70's. It appears to be working fine now on the Venus, but I'm not sure it's reducing power like it should. It doesn't drop cpu temps by much, if at all. Maybe cpu is as low as it gets. It's at 24 degrees in bios. The chipset temps drop by 4 degrees though, so it is doing something right.