NF4X chipset fan always 100%?

Is there any way to adjust the chipset fan speed?? The chipset fan always running at 100% speed and the noise is killing me. I've the newest bios (10/19/2005) and i don't see any option in the BIOS that allow adjusting the chipset fan even though the bios revision says it can?

Just checked the bios, under PC health section, there's only CPU fan control. I even tried flashing to the bios off dfi website and still only CPU fan control. My motherboard is REV A and is that the problem?

Guest GripS

Not sure if it works the same on infinity boards but try installing ite smartguardian. There is an option to control you chipset fan speed.

Smartguardian doesn't allow fan control for the chipset cooler, nor the BIOS :(

Is it safe if I connect it to a fan controler and drop its speed? Can't even get a temperature reading on this MOBO, don't know what are the safe limits. Chipset voltage is 1.6V

How safe is this??

I assembled a system based on NF4 Infinity for my friend and got the same problem.

Install SmartGuardian from NF3 LP Ultra 250Gb:

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/LP%20NF3250_XP32SG.ZIP

Looks like it have different fan layout, but it allows to control both CPU and Chipset fans on NF4 Infinity boards. Temperature reading for CPU looks incorrect (it jumps between 0C and 50C), but PWMic and system temperatures are quite reasonible.

Use 'System FAN' to adjust CPU fan speed, and 'Case FAN' to adjust chipset fan speed.