OCZ520ADJSLI

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/powe...pply-sli_ready_

and

this one

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/powe...am_power_supply

i want to get the Top link one

OCZ520ADJSLI

Refer to my sig for specs.

i have seasonic that i borrowed from friend and now i have to give it up...i would get another seasonic but cables are pretty short and that kinda bugs me. esp with the coolermaster case i have.

Please note: that i want a quiet PSU and if this isnt quiet them please tell me and i will get a Seasonic S-12 600.

get the ADJ (Adjustable) psu, not the modular (Modstream)

Seasonic S12-600 is the quietest psu

but not nearly as strong as the OCZ 520w Powerstream (which is rather quiet...you'll hear your 7900 over your psu unless you have a Silencer on your 7900)

yea the seasonic is like ummm.. "Is it on?" quiet.

i love seasonic, but it was alittle pricey for me. 169.99

anyways thanks for the help, not to figure out if the Mod from Ultra-D to SLI-D will hinder 2 7900gt CO Superclocked cards.

if any of you can lead me in the right directio for that i woudl apprciate it.

(i love this forum)... I LOVE DFI

The mod to SLI is exactly the same as having an SLI chipset and will in no way hinder performance. Move the jumpers install the bridge and it's set.

ive got the blue one(SLI) when i say whisper quiet, I mean it. i dare you to try and hear it without getting close to your MAchine. Its a SWEET PSU. Nice beefy cables, that reek of quality. DUAL PCI-x Power connectors. all the connections you could need for a plethora of Drives and accesories. I rate this PSU HIGHLY. I promise. The only drawback i had with this is the SIZE. its slightly longer than most PSU's so you gotta take a few extra minuts to wrap up and tie down the leftover cables when your done. wich isnt really a big deal.

I got the 600 watt version but thats just because i PLan on getting 3 more DVD burners on top of the 2 i already have.

THis PSU stood the test of abuse for a LONG time...but I did fry it(my fault I assure you.....wont bother going into detail...suffice to say it withstood my ignorance for almost a a month before blowing up) Ive since fixed the flaw in my ways...but havent had a chance to RMA it...but it does have a 2 year warrenty if im not mistaken...might be 3. I hear good things about OCZs RMA proccess. But since im on the road...getting to a post office in a 70foot semitruck/trailer isnt something that can easily be done. I got a temp Coolermaster 520 watt PSU i got a one of mystops as a temp means...this thing is God awful. i have a constant LOUD BUZZING rightnext to me as we speak....no BS its like a BUG lamp/zapper 24/7. I'm taking somehome time this weekend so i plan on returning my OCZ PSU then. ill let you know how it goes if you want.

you gotta get next to it to hear it.thats why i sais itsa whisper.. theres really no suvh thing as silent. everything makes noise. but mine is so quiet that everyday background noise cancles it out. you know......stuff like breathing and farting, or thinking.

Just in case you haven't bought yet, OCZ has just released two new models called the GamerXstream series....more connectors, 600w or 700w versions, looks fantastic and smaller footprint. They did however reduce the warranty to 3 yrs vice 5yrs...not sure why. Anyway, if you can wait a few days, you can get the newest PSU from OCZ for about the same price at the 520w powerstream.

Sign in to follow this