problem with O/C

Pinni3

Im new in o/c and I need your help. I cant overclock my cpu more than 240 :( I have fsb 240 x 10 with HT x4. I tried with ht x3 and other cfg like 250x9 and it doesnt work..My mate told me to try change somethin with memories but they are 500mhz but also when Im changin memory ratio its same..I tried also to give more volts for CPU, Chipset and memories..I updated bios to the newest one on Dfi web...damn...ppl help me - on fsb240 os is full stable...but when Im tryn to run 241x10 its freeze.. :( sometime computer stoppin at loadin windows... sometimes at raid detector from nvidia..dont have Idea how to run my cpu faster..and I wanna get more from my gskills :( please help

Greetz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're running into a memory limitation. Check the thread I initiated that's just a few down the list. I could only get mine to run @ ddr333 speeds with 2x1024 in it, but the OC on the processor is great and stable. Besides, Super PI scores indicate that it's more than competitive for my needs!

Try turning your DRAM down to a 1:2 multiplier first with the HTT @ 3x, and then play with the CPU speeds (fsb and mult).

After that, reverse the process and UNDERCLOCK your CPU while you mess around and get your RAM as far as they will go.

All of this is in the O'C guide that's stickied in the O'C Forum, and it's a really great reference. He also indicates that you need to keep the HTT down - mult x fsb shouldn't be over 800 (double that to get the actual HTT #, I believe), so at 240 x 3 you'd be okay. At 240 x 4 you'll likely be outta luck.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I changed memory ratio to 1/2...changed ht to x3 and changed fsb to 250 with x9 and I have same problem. Looks like windows is loading..but hdd isnt woring..isnt reading..everytime have same problem..dunno what to do..I know that everything is here but I read that and dunno nothin more :) Just wanted to ask ppl who are best in o/c :)Im n00b :D

Mostly only the old timers remember the 9X bug. Hehe you just dated yourself. Btw my 3700 Claw never had an issue with the 11 multi and it ran at 234X11 for a very long time.

Heh, it was a great joy to see this board mature over time, since little raid problems, usb crashes on restart, the early problems with bank interleave, the quirky 28/1/05, 9x, cold boots, but it's still going strong!

ot:

For my 11x problem, honestly I never checked if it only happend at tight memory settings since I've only tried 222. No matter what voltage I give to cpu or my sticks, 11x217 222 results in a lot of errors, but on the other hand, 12x217 ou 10x217 doesn't. I'm quite happy with this claw, nevermind some shipping problems when I bought it, since it's perfectly stable at only 1.55v and I've never tried even less. With 1.65v I can boot to windows at 233x12 and run superpi, but never tried to get it prime stable which should need the usual 1.70v.

Im new in o/c and I need your help. I cant overclock my cpu more than 240 :( I have fsb 240 x 10 with HT x4. I tried with ht x3 and other cfg like 250x9 and it doesnt work..My mate told me to try change somethin with memories but they are 500mhz but also when Im changin memory ratio its same..I tried also to give more volts for CPU, Chipset and memories..I updated bios to the newest one on Dfi web...damn...ppl help me - on fsb240 os is full stable...but when Im tryn to run 241x10 its freeze.. :( sometime computer stoppin at loadin windows... sometimes at raid detector from nvidia..dont have Idea how to run my cpu faster..and I wanna get more from my gskills :( please help

Greetz

Replaced my Abit NF8 with Lanparty UT NF3 few days ago, and now I have the same problem as you :( Could do 9x300MHz on NF8 (2:3), but not stable. Highest stable was 9x278, so I replaced it with DFI. On my great disappointment now I can only get 9x240MHz :( Beyond 240 - exactly the same symptoms as yours. I'll try to remove SW IDE driver hopping that might help. After losing 3 days blaming it on memory, that's only thing I can do.

Replaced my Abit NF8 with Lanparty UT NF3 few days ago, and now I have the same problem as you :( Could do 9x300MHz on NF8 (2:3), but not stable. Highest stable was 9x278, so I replaced it with DFI. On my great disappointment now I can only get 9x240MHz :( Beyond 240 - exactly the same symptoms as yours. I'll try to remove SW IDE driver hopping that might help. After losing 3 days blaming it on memory, that's only thing I can do.
You need to make a sig so people can see what there dealing with and open your own tread