Sign in to follow this  
faheyd

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum sound card for 69 bucks AR,

NOTE/EDIT: 25Apr06/ Price is now: Your Price: *After Rebate(s) $74.99

Buy.com has the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum sound card for 69 bucks (AR) after $100 rebate which ends April 30, 2006. Free shipping on this product..

Ripped from slickdeals.net .

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...7070&adid=17662

thanks for the info, at that price i think i may pick one up... of course ill have to spend another 300-400 for a 5.1 speaker set now.. but hey, it will be worth it :)

is the install painful? I know there is one sound card that has had problems with the n4 chipset, forget which one it is

thanks for the info, at that price i think i may pick one up... of course ill have to spend another 300-400 for a 5.1 speaker set now.. but hey, it will be worth it :)

is the install painful? I know there is one sound card that has had problems with the n4 chipset, forget which one it is

I don't have one. I heard most people do not have install problems, some do.

Personally on my son's computer, I just install the 'drivers', no crap (I mean creative) ware. Meaning when windows detects new hardware, I cancel the detection, and manually load the drivers from the latest downloaded set from creative labs. I think it's asking for trouble when you put a creative disc in your computer and install their software. I installed a SB 5.1 live card in my brothers computer with no crap ware, just drivers and he has not had any problems at all, neither has my son with the audigy 4 card I installed (just drivers).

These are my opinions, and not that of any other user here at DFI forums.

I don't think I've heard of many (if any at all) that have problems with the Audigy2 series, its the X-Fi that apparently has issues with the nf4 chipset. But yeah, good deal man. :)

I don't have one. I heard most people do not have install problems, some do.

Personally on my son's computer, I just install the 'drivers', no crap (I mean creative) ware. Meaning when windows detects new hardware, I cancel the detection, and manually load the drivers from the latest downloaded set from creative labs. I think it's asking for trouble when you put a creative disc in your computer and install their software. I installed a SB 5.1 live card in my brothers computer with no crap ware, just drivers and he has not had any problems at all, neither has my son with the audigy 4 card I installed (just drivers).

These are my opinions, and not that of any other user here at DFI forums.

I ended up taking this deal (shoulda have done it last night and saved myself $5) thanks for the info, i also read after posting initially about problems with creatives "software". I guess I'll take a look at this driver package you DL from creative, it sounds like you are not recommending using the wizard that im sure the 25 mb DL has.

Note/Edit: The coupon might only work for new customers, but try it. In anycase, if the coupon don't work, it costs 69 bucks, not bad.

Buy.com has Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ZS PCI Retail for $168.99 - $10 off $150 coupon - $100 rebate = $59, shipped free.

ripped from slickdeals.net

1. Click here and activate the coupon

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=...4947&adid=17662

make sure you hit the 'redeem coupon' button

2. Click here for the sound card or search for SKU 10354635

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...4635&adid=17662

3. Add to cart, and checkout. Make sure to select budget shipping (7-9 days)

4. Send in the $100 rebate

:P enjoy

Note/Edit: The coupon might only work for new customers, but try it. In anycase, if the coupon don't work, it costs 69 bucks, not bad.

Buy.com has Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ZS PCI Retail for $168.99 - $10 off $150 coupon - $100 rebate = $59, shipped free.

ripped from slickdeals.net

1. Click here and activate the coupon

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=...4947&adid=17662

make sure you hit the 'redeem coupon' button

2. Click here for the sound card or search for SKU 10354635

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...4635&adid=17662

3. Add to cart, and checkout. Make sure to select budget shipping (7-9 days)

4. Send in the $100 rebate

:P enjoy

This is $69 without the coupon link which is dead. Just in case you didn't get in on the CircuitCity deal a few days ago.

I ended up taking this deal (shoulda have done it last night and saved myself $5) thanks for the info, i also read after posting initially about problems with creatives "software". I guess I'll take a look at this driver package you DL from creative, it sounds like you are not recommending using the wizard that im sure the 25 mb DL has.

Just installed a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum in my brothers win2k intel box. Un-installed the old 5.1 drivers. The new drivers hung up on reboot. Had to reg hack it to fix it. Once again, Creative help emails were worthless. Creative had some program trying to run upon restart that was not working. So I went into the reg and removed that item (can't remember what it was) and all is well. Do like the firewire on the front.

Sign in to follow this