umm, only 12x multiplier works?

h_Us3r

(I usually keep this stuff to myself, pride an all, but...)

Alright, I got me the G.skill pc4000 bhz(2 x 1024)the other day and after some minor technical difficulty I've been priming them for 16+hrs(we'll see when I get home...)otherwise, they are not the problem. I have swapped out my bios(3-10)yeh I know, but the KVR loved it so I left it alone, and now I am running the 7042bt as I feel that is the best BIOS for this RAM after ALOT of careful research, plus it would fail prime95 after 4hrs to the letter. Anyway, since I swapped out for the new BIOS and I try to apply 240 * 10x the machine will not boot. Ok I says, and then shoot for 200 * 10x just to be prudent, same thing no boot. So then, I become finnicky and shoot for 200 * 11x and then the bastard boots at 200 * 12x according to CPU-z(???)it gets stranger, I then go back to BIOS and bewildered by why this happening and then just for s**t's and giggles apply 225 * 11x(2475) then she reboots, I check CPU-z and guess what? She boots at 225 * 12x(2700!) I find this rather interesting, as I cannot get any other multiplier to run except 11x - 11.5x and it STILL boots at 12x! It would be cool if she could prime at that number but I KNOW she can't(see sig)anyway, if anyone has any insight as to why my multiplier's are stuck please post.

Thanks in advance!