Should i get my memory replaced with G.Skill 2GB?

Shadow of chaos

I got an email back from G skill, i sent back the 2 kits i had tested which were not working properly when overclocked.. it was only 1GB. and i have only paid for 1gb.

So in the email gskill said there is no 4 x 512mb 2gb le or LF in stock, so he is asking me if i want them replaced with "G.Skill 2GB (2x1GB) HZ PC4000 3-4-4-8"

I have no idea why he is offering me 2gb when i have only originally bought 1gb, the other kit was sent to me just to see if it works.. so should i accept his offer, is it better? because im not fussed on those timings..

i guess he should know he sent me 2 x 1gb kits, and only one was for test, no idea why he is offering 2gb now but it seems like a very good offer?

should i take them or are the timings too loose for an AMD system?, if i accept at least it would save me having to buy 2gb some time down the road.. I just want them at default settings though i dont want to have to fiddle around with them again.

maybe it is a mistake, should i tell him i only bought 2 x 512mb or just let him send me the 2gb? lol

Those are the memory to have for overclocking I've been told. I just purchased the RAM and it should be arriving today. From what I have seen that RAM is highly recommended for OCing on DFI motherboards.

Have that exact RAM. Sadly, I can only go to 255MHz with 3-4-4-8 and tops out at 260MHz 3-5-5-10. I only need 240MHz for my particular OC and at that speed I can go as low as 3-4-3-6. Maybe I just got a mediocre set, since I hear several users have been able to clock them to 280MHz.

Other than in benchmarks, there is no noticiable difference between CAS2 and CAS3 (lost a good 2K from my AQM3 score when I made the switch).

But how does it rank among other 2gb kits, would you say good enough for the future?
they will be grate for some time now or maybe even till we get to use the new ddr3 thats in the workings but that gonna be a upgrade to the am2 if were lucky but maybe not havent heard anything on the am2 useing DDR2 so bummer. so looks like if you take care of them you should not have to upgrade for a long time. Inless someone comes out with 1 gig sticks that will do 2-2-2-5 :drool: