Sign in to follow this  
teggs11

Mobo won't POST, help needed.

Hello all,

I've been having a few problems with an unstable system, but that is the least of my worries. i foolishly installed some SCSI drives with win2003 on and tried loading it on my pc. i think it currupted my windows xp on my IDE HDD! it wouldn't boot windows but i couldn't get to the BIOS.

As a last ditch attempt to fix the problem before formating and re-installing XP i flashed the BIOS to the new 06/04 from DFI. it flashed ok and told me to reboot, but upon rebooting it froze on the DFI logo screen. after leaving it 30 mins i rebooted and now it wont POST (by POST i mean i can't get into BIOS) it hangs on the last of the 4 LED lights, which i believe means VGA detected.

I've tried clearing CMOS, safe boot, i haven't tried it with just one RAM stick yet? Does anyone have any suggestions? on a side note my exhaust fan header died on me a week ago, could this be related? (i doubt it is)

Many Thanks,

Rich

man, you've done so much, it makes it hard to troubleshoot

I'd reflash the original BIOS.

Also consider:

do you have all four power connectors plugged into the mobo?

before you do anything else, is to try the one stick of RAM approach. Did you run memtest? Once you can post, be sure to do this. First on one stick, then two.

could be a psu issue - I'm not familiar with Tagan. If you have a multimeter handy, you might want to check the voltages.

thanks for the reply baaj

i have all 4 power connections plugged into the mobo.

i can't currently flash the BIOS back to the orig cos it not POST. i only hope putting a single stick of ram in will allow it to POST so i can flash it back.

The PSU is a decent make and hopefully is not causing the problems.

Do you have the special vcore also set to 1.45 or maybe a step higher?

Your exhaust fan header? As long as the temp are within specs then thats not your prob.

Tired unplugging ALL peripherals from the mobo and disconnet the power connections from the, including case fans? Tried booting up the mobo OUTSIDE from the case?

thanks for the suggestions Addiarmadar

vcore is set at stock. i set everything back to stock when i started getting problems.

I think i will have to do as you say and remove everything from the case and build it back slowly to find the problem.