Ceramique Application

Montol

Well, I'm just making sure I'm doing this right.

I've read the instructions on the AS website, and I follow them to a T.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks for dealing with the extremely sticky Ceramique. Any specific plastic bags you use to avoid clumping?

That's about it

It dosn't matter,as long as you got it all over the core the pressure applied with the clip of the HS will even it out.What i do is i twist it gently once the HS is attached to the base (it gives about 1 or 2 degrees) just so that you kinda smoosh it between the core and the HS.

I love that stuff my MBM temps are 31c idle and 36 folding in a 26c room temp :P

I use this stuff a whole bunch and I just recommend following the directions EXACTLY as they specify. Works every time, especially well on GPUs. Got my GF3 TI 200 up 75 mhz with a crystal orb. Also, you don't have to use 100% pure rubbing alchohol, you can use the 70% stuff.

I use the straight edge of my credit card to spread the ceramique in a thin flat layer on my P4. I put a small amount, a little more than the instructions say, all along one edge of the P4, and I start spreading. I move the card in one direction and try to spread the compound in one pass.

It is tough to get at the edges of the P4 because of the way the card bends, but then I use the corner of my credit card to spread the excess compound, that has collected on the edge of the card, onto the bare edges of the P4 that were not covered on previous passes with my card.

The fewer passes you make with the card the better. If the card I used were thicker and stiffer, I would probably not have the trouble I get at the edges.

But that's the method I use. I try to get the compound spread so that its as thick as a sheet of writing paper.

I hope this helps.