Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

4 LEDs CPU Dead?

My rig was running fine then it just shut off, now wont start up screen. stuck at 4leds on board not even trying to use gfx card.

i've just got this pc set up with windows all worked fine then just died. tryed clear cmos no luck what could of happened?

ive tryed ram in all slots im sure it's not registing the cpu. last thing i was trying was putting speaker cables in back when it died ive removed sound card no help either.

This used to happen to me a lot when I was using that board. Try the following if you haven't already..

Power down the system, unplug for about 2 minutes.

If that doesn't work then try to disconnect the USB devices.. Once you get it to boot you can put them back..

Still dead just stoped for no reson and now not reading cpu i not got another to test it.

Can anyone help with this or not?? ive had so many troble with this board it's untrue only had it working twice time to RMA it again i guess.

Jimm, what you can do is send your cpu to someone who can test it. They can see if its your cpu or not. You may want to send your mobo as well so that can be tested. You shouldnt just jump to conclusions and RMA something that may not be dead. Always test every component before returning it. It helps to have nerd/hockey friends around to help you with that =P

I tryed diffrent rams and gfx card the board just wont post it just sticks. it's the same with no ram or cpu and with my other rigs ram/gfx. I also leave it to clear cmos all night and still dead.

This board came dead and only worked after I RMA'd it the first time now it just died on me when I was pluging in my speakers in.

I tryed diffrent rams and gfx card the board just wont post it just sticks. it's the same with no ram or cpu and with my other rigs ram/gfx. I also leave it to clear cmos all night and still dead.

This board came dead and only worked after I RMA'd it the first time now it just died on me when I was pluging in my speakers in.

Try putting the ram in the orange slots !!!!

i dont knwo if ur new or not but when i was i was confused why it wouldnt boot up then i found thta i didnt plug my psu tot eh 8 plug connector for the cpu's power maybe it got unpluged some how or u just never pluggeed it in i doubt this si the problem ebcause its soem thing that onle real newbies would do like me during my first build

i dont knwo if ur new or not but when i was i was confused why it wouldnt boot up then i found thta i didnt plug my psu tot eh 8 plug connector for the cpu's power maybe it got unpluged some how or u just never pluggeed it in i doubt this si the problem ebcause its soem thing that onle real newbies would do like me during my first build

lol actually the secondary power plug is often forgotten and if I am not mistaken my manual said not to plug it in if you had the other FULL power connector ,but of course the second power plug is needed.

Well i not new to building pc all was working fine guys thats the thing ram was in orange slots (2gb) and all was fine had it set at fast setting in bios no overclocking.

worked for a few days then just died on me. PSU has plugs for all slots on mobo and gfx cards are pluged in not had any troble after IRMA'd board first time not shes dead or CPU is.