Overclocking P4p800-vm ?

Mangar

Hi, I have a ASUS P4P800-VM mobo, I don't see a way to alter the CPU settings in the BIOS. Does anyone know if there is a way to get to these?. I have a P4 2.4c installed on it with two 512 sticks of pc3200. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm there should be a setting for processer speed in there. I know all asus boards have that feature. Make shure you take it off of Auto, It will then open a new option where you can change the speeds. If that dont work goto asus.com and Dl the most recent bios for you board and update it. That should help you some.

I have looked for any settings in the bios but there is nothing. I will show me some info but it is grayed out and can't be changed. I did not see any "auto" or "manual" selection to change either. Still wondering ? ? ?

because u have a VM model it might not have it. Read the manual that came with it. I would get the P4P800 deluxe before that Abit hands down. Asus's 865 chipset is the fastest on the market. beats the 875 chipset based boards from Abit and even theirs the P4C800