Strange SATA stuff

I've just got my new Ultra-D up and running, loading and configuring everything on a Western Digital 250GB SATA drive connected to port 1. All is fine until I connect the 2 Maxtor 80GB drives that were running RAID 0 on my NF3 250GB.

Now the WD boot drive is showing on port 3 in the BIOS and the boot order is screwed up. It does this even with ports 3 and 4 disabled in the BIOS. Is there a compatibly problem with WD and Maxtor on SATA or do I need to set up the drives on different ports or a different order of connection. The Maxtors work fine when the WD is not connected.

Thanks

The ports are labeled wrong in the bios. Ports 1 and 2 on the board are 3 and 4 in the bios. I don't know of any compatibilty issues with your drives. I have run a few different configs and haven't run into any problems as of yet with 3 or 4 drives.

Thanks for the info.

Disregarding the displayed info I got it to work with the the boot drive and the RAID drives. There is a problem however. At first, the array data drive was showing in windows with the correct size but the contents and disk label were scrambled. There was also one uninatialized 80G disk showing in the disk managment console. Since the data was trashed I thought I would rebuild the array and start over. The listed array was deleted and re-created and shows healthy on reboot but now there are 2 uniniatialized 80G drives instead of the 160g that should be present. I've tried redoing the array a number of times, and reloaded the NV 6.80 drivers. I'd really like to get my array back as it's a scratch disk for video apps and I can't configure the programs without the disk.

Update:

NF4 chipsets must have the NV SW IDE drivers installed for RAID to work. They were not needed on the NF3 and were reported to cause many problems so I never installed them.

After installing the SW drivers my RAID disk was shown properly.

There should be a mention of this in one of the setup stickys, as I wasted a few hours on this problem and I've seen other unresolved post with the same issue.