windows pro 64

Hi soundx... did somebody mention my name? :shake:

i haven't tried setting up and booting from the silicon raid yet, but i did use the drivers from the silicon site to install and use the silicon sata as standard sata ports

i stick to using the nvidia sata ports for raid because they're faster ;)

the fact that you get the message saying it's an unrecognised filesystem suggests to me that there may be something wrong with the floppy disk somehow

if you want to use silicon raid, follow the link from soundx:

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/suppor...&ctid=2&osid=8&

and download the 1.2.3.1 drivers (3rd one down)

as long as you have the latest BIOS for your board and the silicon firmware/bios is version 5.2.16 (as seen during bootup) these drivers should work

format a floppy disk, but don't make it bootable or anything and copy the files from the archive to the root of the floppy disc (no folders, just the files)

good luck and keep us posted :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT WOOOOOORKS!

PYRO MAN your a genious... but what a mission to go on just to find a silicon driver that works could'nt they of just provided that on the dfi site... a working one i mean

Soundx98 you've been a big help couldn't of done it without you, there is just one small thing though i noticed there was no lan x64 drivers on the dfi i did go to the marvell site and downloaded one which i had to manually try and install becauase it had no auto setup, but even when doing this these drivers don't install my lan maybe i 'm chosing the wrong version again from the marvell site do you think?

I just downloaded the latest driver from Marvell for x64.

LAN identified as 88E8001 and driver identified as 8.47.13 from Marvell site

(Zip is identified as yk51x64) should be same LAN as yours

Created a new Folder in my Documents called Marvell Yukon and unzipped to there.

System> device Manager > and updated new driver. Don't know what else to say.

I think Paul (Pyr0) is lucky.

Some tmes he tells me to do something and I tell him "I just did that".

He says "try it again" and I do and it works.

Must be something in the "Fish and Chips" those Brits Eat. :D

Keep us posted on the Marvell. Are there two LANs on that board?

Make sure you are plugged into the correct one (usually bottom one) if so.

sorry i made a mistake the marvell lan drivers are install but... that mini port bridge connector that gives me 1gb lan speed is not there which is normally there in the 32 version.

oh by the way i'm just so new to this, i'm seeing two lots of folders x86 and the normal programe files i noticed that everything is being installed in the x86 folder, what happens if i install it in the normal programe files folder.

I know that this windows was made also backwards compatible but does this mean that none of my games will be running in 64 bit, i mean regardless if they have moded it with a patch that gives more detail or not, are all applications running in 64 bit or 32?

Hi jason

glad you got yor raid working m8 :)

windows xp 64 will automatically sort your programs into the two folders.

program files (x86) is for the 32bit apps and program files is just for x64 apps

if you install, for instance peerguardian for x64, then it wil install in program files instead of the (x86) folder.

only an application exe compiled for 64bit will install and run in true 64bit mode, other apps are run using WOW64 (windows on windows) emulation

• 3 weeks later...
X64 Professional isn't so fast as XP Professional. Is this right?

I have heard, X64 aren't 100% ready for 64-bit systems.

I have x64 on this system on a 7200rpm IDE hardrive and it clearly outperforms the xp pro 32bit that is on my 10,000rpm raptor. I once was able to get x64 on a sata raptor and it was nuts how fast it was, nuts 50% or twice as fsat couldn't believe it. I was always in awe, I have had 3 hardrives these I hae on all boards and I have always had the x64 on the ide 7200rpm and to the eye it appeared faster than the raptors running the 32bit. Plus, I have burned a movie with the same software on the same computer, the 32bit xp pro on the raptor burned it 5 full minutes SLOWER than the x64 on an ide!!! I dont have the multimedia driver. I have issues with the satas on this board, the ide performs better and as well 12C lower temps across the board on the x64 ide than on the sata that likes to stay at 50C on chipset and 54C on pwm when idle! but on x64 ide it is 38C chipset 40C and 22C cpu. Weird indeed. But, I have had this configuration on a K8T890 chipset from VIA same observations, I have had this configuratrion on K8T800pro from VIA same observations from abit board dfi boards. It is true you cant use 32bit drivers on x64, but the x64 is a stable fast operating system, I have been using it since the prerelease, i believe it is just about 1 1/2 years I have been using it. Microsoft used the windows server 2003 for it. I can't find a multimedia driver though. I am upset at microsoft holding off on the tv tuner driver. They can't really call it xp because they stated on their site that x64 vista will su pport tv tuner. They are pulling an Me on people who buy x64 like me lol.

If i could get tv tuner support for the x64 I woujld use it full time. I had a 9800pro all-in-wonder and couldnt get it, ATI told me No multimedia center for x64 lol. I haev a different tv tuner now, but I was never able to get tv tuner. however, Nero Ultra edition came closest. And Nero Ultra Edition runs on x64 nicely on this board. I have been using it on this board. As well sa the 32bit. I have the same Nero ultra on my x64 on this computer as I do on the 32bit on my raptor on this computer. nero does a great job recoding.

Nero Ultra Edition works great for me.

CloneDVD2 works great on x64.

Anydvd works great on x64.

Itunes has worked (but will alert you of lack of driver for importing)

Everest (home, ultra, corporate) Edition works great on x64.

ATI drivers have always worked good for me on all boards with the x64.