windows pro 64

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good example is HL2 32bit vs 64bit. Search it on google. There were 2 differences that the reviewers noticed. The main difference was that the maps loaded ~2x faster and the second was that the lighting especially in the water, looked better. Other then that, there isnt a difference, YET.

EDIT: Reading over the review again, they did fix the glare issue with the water. So no difference but load times.

I don't know to be honest. I've tried XP x64 for a couple of weeks now and have found it to be very stable and I have not experianced anything bad about it either.

-k0nsl

in everyones oppinion is it worth the trouble to switch to a 64 bit OS and also rite now im running jsut plain xp 32 is it worth the thole reformatign and then installing all the other programs again

I don't know to be honest. I've tried XP x64 for a couple of weeks now and have found it to be very stable and I have not experianced anything bad about it either.

-k0nsl

Not in my opinion no, windows xp32 all the way. It didn't help that I wanted to play Chaos Thoery at the time, and this is not possible on XP64.

Its not worth the work to get it working. Just wait for Vista. In my opinion, taking another couple days to get it setup isnt worth it because XP is blazing fast as it is.

Yeah I don't know where you guys are coming up with these statements that it takes a long time to set up xp64. I was up and running in under 40 minutes. Sure there were some uninstalled devices but most of that was straightened out right away and there were no stability issues. IMO it's very fast, very stable and works great with both 64bit and 32bit apps. I can't see any reason not to use it if you are building a new machine with a 64bit processor and you need to buy a new copy of windows. If you already have a machine running well on xp32 then the argument for upgrading is not as strong. 64bit support is only going to increase and vista is still a long way off. So there you have my opinion.

hi guys

i'm having trouble with this, the raid f6 silicon driver that i downloaded from the official website, after running the software that sets it up on my floppy disc i restarted my system with xp64... pressed f6 etc... now when it asks me to specify the drivers i press S and it says to me "Unreconised File System"

now the weird thing is when i set up the 32 bit silicon raid drivers on my floppy disc i have noticed it has folders but the 64x silcon drivers does not have any folders set up, i was wondering if everything was setup scrabled on the floppy disc and nothing in the right location, can someone help me please, or is there somewhere else i can get the silcon raid 64x drivers 3114

Thanks

Did you try the drivers at the Silicon Garbage err, I mean Image website?

I think there are multiple ones (one for x64 Raid and one for Raid 5 and one for straight SATA -1206). Sounds like it's the wrong OS.