Computer Lockup On Shutdown Most Of The Time

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did another Prime torture test,

In Place Large FTTs and the good news is that the computer locked up after 6 hours with 0 errors.

I also ran Small FTT for 7 hours it didn't lock up.

Will do more testing with In Place Large FTTs just to make sure

Thanks...

Hi,

Any ideas I'll get 3dmark06 by this week, by then is there any suggestions or tests that I can do...

And for the memory timing if you're intersted it's a CL3 memory default setting no overclocking and I thin in says 3-3-3-8.

Thanks...

Programer -- I don't know if this will help, but it wouldn't hurt to try the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service from Microsoft. I was practically pulling my hair out trying to find out why Windows would not shut down properly until I read this from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

(If that hideously long link doesn't work, just google "User Profile Hive Cleanup Service" and the bulletin from MS should be the first hit.) Like I said, it wouldn't hurt to give this a try. It'll only take 10 minutes and if it doesn't work you can just get rid of it. It solved my problem. However, don't overlook the hardware issues mentioned above, though it does sound like you are looking into those things.

Hi,

My PC is in my sign.,

I've had this problem ever since I built my computer when I shutdown or restart it goes like this:

1- Saving Settings...

2- Window's Shuttingdown

3- Lockup

But rarely it does shutdown probebly...

I'm also runnin' into some kind of instability in this system (no overclocking)

I'm thinking it's maybe the crapy RAM or the power supply (No EPS12V Just a 4-pin connecter in the middle)

I just wnat to figure out where the problem is...

Thanks in Advance

--------------------------------------

test you memory (5 loops ) built in mem tester.

after that (make sure your not using nvidia ide driver-update with the ms one(microsoft one) built in windows.

test video with 5 loops of 3dmark 05 or 06

use prime or burn mmx to test cpu and math co processor (1 hour stress test)

make sure no spyware (need internet to update) (spybot) + scan for virus (vet)

some times some install software can be the trouble..

(a clean install of windows) with basic mb software install) it shutdown problem is gone - install programs one at the time, and test for problems (ie shutdown) on every install/+reboot :angel:

Thanks for the reply Sharp...

Hi mikemcc well I wasn't realy looking for a software tip because I'm 100% sure it's a hardware problem just wanted to know which part so I can buy it. Any way I'll try your link whats is it going to cost me? ten minutes...

Thanks...

I'm thinking it's maybe the crapy RAM or the power supply (No EPS12V Just a 4-pin connecter in the middle)

Hey Dude,

You say your PSU has no 8 pin EPS12V connector and you're using the standard 4 pin right? It supposedly will work with this configuration in non-SLI mode. Where is it connected? According to the manual, it should be connected to pins 3,4,7,&8 (the four closest to the top of the mobo). See page 68 of the manual. It's outlined in red. This may be worth trying (if you haven't already) before upgrading PSU, RAM...

Just a thought. Good luck.

Reformatt and load windows again that sounds like a correpted file in there or go do a repair jsut incase windows didnt load right the first time.. but do the one where you get to the formatt, repair or partition window not the one repair on the CD.. when u first put it in .. here is a link if I u dont understand what I am saying .. not many do I think.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm