Sign in to follow this  
Programer1

Computer Lockup On Shutdown Most Of The Time

im having the same problem..idk why either..i have corsair ram which isnt to bad and a 500watt psu..i guess ill try and run these test to see what the problem is.

Hi,

Defintly not a BIOS issue since I have this problem with previous BIOSs. I also installed the IDE drivers with ForceWare drivers doesn't uninstalling it reduce the performance of RAID since I have a RAID setup? Any way if someone else backup this opinion I'll go ahead and do it. Also I've installed latest drivers when I built this system less than 3 weeks ago. Any solutions?

Thanks....

Hmm what do you have installed as for software other thant the OS? Hmm shut down sequence of windows is a load-inducing situation so lets think...

Memtest is a goog INITIAL tool for check for obvious memory issues but not a good one to test under load. Byt the way, wat timmings are u using on the ram since I dont it them in your sig. You got a dual-core chip there so you really havent done anything that would test the chip and the mem controller yet. Have you tried running 2 Prime95 sessions at once for a couple hours yet with your background apps still running? How about Running 3dmark05 or 06 with another synthetic-hoggin ap runnin (yeah i know scores will suck but thats not wat your testing for). Have something like MBM5 running in the backgroung to log the rails just to absolutely rule out shifts in the juice count. Other than tryin to loosing the timming, if these tests pass then the chip/mobo/ram/psu is ok and should focus elsewhere. Please let me know...

Have you changed any of the windows page file settings?

I found that with wierd page file settings I got lockups on shutdown. Is there a service running that windows cant shut down? This sounds like and OS/Software issue not necessarily a hardware problem.

Well,

I don't think so, first beacause I formatted this PC twice with the same problem second beacause it locks up after shutting all the applications and the drivers and saving the settings after that when it says "Windows's Shutting Sown" which is the last phase it locks up.

Thanks...