Sign in to follow this  
Gunner{DnD}

Dual or single rail?

I see a few threads about single rail PSU's are better overclockers?? I always thought a dual rail PSU was better than a single..... :confused:

i would go for dual rails,

thats what i got and it have overclock well for now.

did you know if the OCZ powerstream 520W is single or dual,

many user use it here, and almost every cpu here are Overclocked

i would go for dual rails,

thats what i got and it have overclock well for now.

did you know if the OCZ powerstream 520W is single or dual,

many user use it here, and almost every cpu here are Overclocked

mine was dual rail, and they came hooked together. i was wondering this as well. i'm not sure if it's a true dual rail, or it's just for mobo's with an 8pin power connecter?

I thought they were single thats why I bought a Seasonic 600w which BTW is working out great so far.....

Do you ever have warm boot issues? Power down and can't power up unless you hit the rocker switch?

Do you ever have warm boot issues? Power down and can't power up unless you hit the rocker switch?

No Not at all I even did the volt meter test and all is within specs when running Prime 95......

Guest burningrave101

The reason single rail PSU's are normally better then dual rail is because with a dual rail you can run into issues if your running something like SLI because two video cards can max out one of the +12V rails and the power wont distribute properly. For SLI the OCZ 520w PSU is actually a better option then the 600w.

The reason single rail PSU's are normally better then dual rail is because with a dual rail you can run into issues if your running something like SLI because two video cards can max out one of the +12V rails and the power wont distribute properly. For SLI the OCZ 520w PSU is actually a better option then the 600w.

Go figure thanks for the info.......... ;)