DSL connection messes up

Alright there!

My DSL connection gets messy after some while - around 90min. That means, that the connection is still there but I cannot connect to a host or to a site. The only option I have is to do a reboot to get it "connected" once again.

It is a fresh system with hardly anything installed just dedicated to do some distributed computing. I connect to the Internet via the nvidia Firewall and I do need this firewall. No, I haven't tried the Marvell yet.

Cheers for any suggestions or advice.

i still cant belevie we paided for that Nv crappy firewall and its not even working

Well, it wasn't known to me - until know that is! Friking stupid &/%&/$"

But thanks, guys, for updating me on that one. I'll uninstall it. Just really annoys the heck out of me that it is just so badly designed; really fires me itchy.

Cheers

Works fine... Ive been running it with no probs for a couple of months now... dont use the one from dfi site, or mbo cd.. get the latest from nvidia.. I wouldnt use anything else...

Build Version: 4.88

Description: ActiveArmor

Path: D:WINDOWSsystem32driversnvtcp.sys

Component Version: 5.20

Description: Networking driver

Path: D:WINDOWSsystem32drivers

Component Version: 4.82

Description: Network Access Manager

Path: D:Program FilesNVIDIA CorporationNetworkAccessManager

Component Version: 4.88

This is to report that uninstalling the nF4 firewall did indeed resolve the problem. So the connection runs stable 24/7.

However, upgrading to the latest drivers did not provide any remedy whatsoever, thus I have to say that I am somewhat dissappointed. The box explicitly refers to "ActiveArmor" and the features, but the board fails to get them working. While I know this issue lays in NVIDIA's hands, I wonder if you go out to buy a new car which climate control does not work and the dealer turns around and says "oh, well, it is the fault of the software programmed by crappysoft. Sorry, nothing we can do!" You would feel tricked, don't you? Well, at least I would, and I do miss that feature since it was an incentive for me of doing the purchase.

Cheers

This is to report that uninstalling the nF4 firewall did indeed resolve the problem. So the connection runs stable 24/7.

However, upgrading to the latest drivers did not provide any remedy whatsoever, thus I have to say that I am somewhat dissappointed. The box explicitly refers to "ActiveArmor" and the features, but the board fails to get them working. While I know this issue lays in NVIDIA's hands, I wonder if you go out to buy a new car which climate control does not work and the dealer turns around and says "oh, well, it is the fault of the software programmed by crappysoft. Sorry, nothing we can do!" You would feel tricked, don't you? Well, at least I would, and I do miss that feature since it was an incentive for me of doing the purchase.

Cheers

Well this problem, like the 6800GT/U not being able to use its hardware accelerator in common (free) players, and the only "fix" was to buy NV dvd player. Class action would be against the MFG, then the MFG would have to sue NV. Of course no one wants to sue the mfg of the product, since we develop community bonds and what not, which is a really sly way for nv/ati to protect themselves from lawsuits.

strange that it works for some and not for others.. in fact.. I seem to be the only perospn who does not have any problems with it!!!!

... meaning you've got a great responsibility to write something like "ActiveArmor for dummies"! :)

Well this problem, like the 6800GT/U not being able to use its hardware accelerator in common (free) players, and the only "fix" was to buy NV dvd player. Class action would be against the MFG, then the MFG would have to sue NV. Of course no one wants to sue the mfg of the product, since we develop community bonds and what not, which is a really sly way for nv/ati to protect themselves from lawsuits.

For sure I won't go out and sue DFI, but just as sure as that I won't buy an nvidia chipset the next time. Sure, I could buy a proper hardware firewall, but it's the ethics that p*** me off! How can you supply a mailfunctioning product like that? And it's not that the nF4 is brand new but it is considered to be matured.

So, no, I don't like their ethics at all.