Sign in to follow this  
edjahman

7900 gtx sli problems still

Hold the presses...

The XCLIO is a crap PSU from the start. Their ratings are pulled from thin air. And COLD thin air at that. They rate the output of the unit at 25C/77F.

Have you ever seen a PSU underload run at 25C/77F?

Try more like 43C/110F at which point the 750W XCLIO would deliver less than 400W.

Be afraid, be very afraid of crap power supplies with inflated ratings.

Actually that's a good brand psu .

Actually that's a good brand psu .

Compared to other crap power supplies maybe.

Look! All you have to do is take a look at he sigs of forum members that are happy with their systems.

I haven't found an XCLIO listed in a sig after a thorough search.

The mere fact that they rate their output at such a ridiculous temperature is the first and most obvious sign that they are crap.

Using that same temp you could rate an OCZ PowerStream 600 at over 1,200W.

But don't take my word for it. Spend your own money and put it in a demanding rig.

Do us all a favor and stop recommending known crap hardware to forum members. We do know what we're talking about!

It's in your best interest to drop this XCLIO subject now!

Gee, thanks for the help Guys.

Anyway, F. it. I'm RMA'ing them. I've tried two different mobo's, two different psu's, ram.....Many different drivers and combinations of drivers......

One card runs great, though.

--EJM

Compared to other crap power supplies maybe.

Look! All you have to do is take a look at he sigs of forum members that are happy with their systems.

I haven't found an XCLIO listed in a sig after a thorough search.

The mere fact that they rate their output at such a ridiculous temperature is the first and most obvious sign that they are crap.

Using that same temp you could rate an OCZ PowerStream 600 at over 1,200W.

But don't take my word for it. Spend your own money and put it in a demanding rig.

Do us all a favor and stop recommending known crap hardware to forum members. We do know what we're talking about!

if it was cheap it wouldnt cost almost 200$

It's in your best interest to drop this XCLIO subject now!

So because nobody has a xclio psu they are automatically a bad brand?

clearly a ignorant person, Have you personally used that psu? no then please STFU. maybe the psu does run that cool?

So because nobody has a xclio psu they are automatically a bad brand?

clearly a ignorant person, Have you personally used that psu? no then please STFU. maybe the psu does run that cool?

No one uses the XCLIO because it's a crap PSU.

The XCLIO brand has been tested and failed numerous times.

Pimping a crap PSU is silly.

Calling a MOD ignorant is careless.

Telling a MOD to STFU is priceless.

You're bad attitude has garnered you a little vacation. I hope you take this time to reflect on your presence here at DFI-Street.

^ that post made me chuckle a few times... the way it read in my head was downright funny.

I hope the reason for his ban was spelled right.

(unlike the last one I endured from overclock.net because, quite frankly, the mod WAS an idiot making a claim that a perpetual motion machine has been built and actually works. He banned me because, "You have been banned for the following reason:

Smart butt. and dosent learn.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never")

The irony was thick enough to be cut.

Ladies and Gentleman,

This goes to show that baseless, rude comments will not be tollerated here on DFI-Street. Rd480 proved it.

Let's get this thread back on-topic please.

I can't believe you guys. WTF? Why are you guys arguing about PSU's on my thread. Start your own thread. Anyway, after extensive testing I figured out the problem. It's one of the 7900 gtx's. It's bad and it's going back. So, I'm short a 7900 for now. At least I still have one. IMHO, the Enermax 620 is a fine PSU. It has plenty of amps on the 12V rails and all of it's other ratings are great. I guess it's just a matter of preference. A lot of equipment is really nice. Just different names. Thanks a lot to those who tried to help me.

--EJM

I wouldnt doubt one of your cards is bad. I had to RMA both of my EVGA's as they were from 'the first batch'. Apparently the first batch of these cards didnt have the proper amount of headroom for the overclocks EVGA was putting on them. I found using the newest version of ATI tool that my memory on the cards was throwing errors at stock EVGA SC speeds (880 Mem). Backing down the memory to reference speeds (800) 'fixed it' EVGA is well aware of the problem and has since sent out two new cards to me. Hopefully these have the proper headroom,....maybe more!! :nod: :nod: