Where do you stand?

Nehil

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not into politics.....

I dont agree with them...to me it's another useless job and a way to get fat off of other people...they may start out with good intentions but after awhile most all of them end up going the opposite way...

I dont watch nor do I participate in it....most of all because the goverment has strayed far from what is was when it started many years ago and is alot worse now... It's all about greasing pockets and getting kick-backs....too bad..

I almost quit when I got to this question...

"The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders."

A company has a fiscal responsibility to the shareholders. Social responsibility has nothing to do with it.

That one is actually a quote by Milton Friedman. Fair game for a poll like this I think.

Some of the other ones are really leading, like you suggested. I assumed that they were done so intentionally to even out the scores. maybe they were orignially too skewed to the right. though i agree it is not the best way to handle a problem like this.

I dont watch nor do I participate in it....most of all because the goverment has strayed far from what is was when it started many years ago and is alot worse now... It's all about greasing pockets and getting kick-backs....too bad..

it's actually much less corrupt now than it ever was. the media just makes us more aware of the corruption we still face. Not defending it by any means, but remember we have the most visibility into the decision making process than we have ever had. that should count for something. but to each his own...

That one is actually a quote by Milton Friedman. Fair game for a poll like this I think.

Some of the other ones are really leading, like you suggested. I assumed that they were done so intentionally to even out the scores. maybe they were orignially too skewed to the right. though i agree it is not the best way to handle a problem like this.

it's actually much less corrupt now than it ever was. the media just makes us more aware of the corruption we still face. Not defending it by any means, but remember we have the most visibility into the decision making process than we have ever had. that should count for something. but to each his own...

MUCH LESS?????????????? What do you think the whole Iraqi conflict is! Well though you could see this as a cover up for a much more damaging operation............yeah I believe in conspiracy theories............Big Brother is ALWAYS watching. "Waves" (Hi Agent Bob)

I think Bush is just a corporate Puppet.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 6.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.82

Every movement that seeks to enslave a country, every dictatorship or potential dictatorship, needs some minority group as a scapegoat which it can blame for the nation's troubles and use as a justification of its own demand for dictatorial powers. In Soviet Russia, the scapegoat was the bourgeoisie; in Nazi Germany, it was the Jewish people; in America, it is the businessmen. -Ayn Rand

First of all, some of these questions are completely bogus....

Now while I was taking this survey, I was thinking about the kind of person that would come up with questions like these. I am considered to be a republican in most terms, a fiscal conservative doesent even begin to describe me, but what this survey has me pegged at is rediculus. Maybe it is a ploy by Hillary to get me to think that I am liberal and vote for her for president.......It won't work

Economic Left/Right: -1.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10

Hillary ploy. LOL.

Based on your stated beliefs vs. results, I believe my results aren’t as far off as I originally thought they were for this poll. Likewise, keep yours in perspective. No wonder we have so many Ghandis and so few Thatchers here.

After all, it’s a survey. Pollsters can skew any way they want in order to favor the result, either by the phrasing of the questions, placing more weight on one question/response than others, or by selectively polling a certain base. I usually participate in political telemarketing polls. Generally, they’ll ask the same basic principled 15-20 questions several times, except they phrase it differently, or, add or omit something each time. I love it. However, I'll debate and try to pick their brains. They want a quick straightforward answer, but I won’t give them one. I answer their questions with a question to get a feel where they’re coming from. (Unfortunately, you can’t do that in this survey.) When they can't reply or keep giving some totally lame answer, I let them off the hook. Then I get on the soapbox. I've been known to turn a 15 minute poll into a 60 minute call. Sometimes, they get fed up and hang up on me. Oh well, you called me. I didn’t call you. ;)

Hmm looks like I am between Gandi and the Dali Lama. No good answer for many of the questions though people love to put things in black and white no such thing.

My summaton of views would be that everyone has the right and responsability for their actions. The main job of govenmet should be to provide freedom in all forms and support people in the least intrusive way possible.

Slavery in all forms needs to be prevented be it hydraulic despotism , indentured servitude that never ends or simply preventing some from an decent education or a real chance at sucess. This also includes no hand outs just for votes can cripple a person and a society you must stay poor, disabled, sick or whatever to get the handouts. Get better or get a job even a bad one and you risk loosing everything. I have seen that too many times.

MUCH LESS?????????????? What do you think the whole Iraqi conflict is! Well though you could see this as a cover up for a much more damaging operation............yeah I believe in conspiracy theories............Big Brother is ALWAYS watching. "Waves" (Hi Agent Bob)
There is a huge difference between terrible policy and corruption. The Jack Abramoff type of scandals will always exist until some real restictions are placed to lobbyists. That last bill was such a joke. Corruption is what lobbyists do - it's their job.

I think Bush is just a corporate Puppet.
Of course he is - there can be little other reason for such reckless fiscal policy. It remains to be seen though if Bush actually benefitted outright from the policy he has driven. However, Cheney would drown in such an inquiry. The evidence is all there, but noone wants to look :confused: