Sign in to follow this  
Nehil

Where do you stand?

I almost quit when I got to this question...

"The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders."

A company has a fiscal responsibility to the shareholders. Social responsibility has nothing to do with it.

There can't be a valid answer to the question so that makes it invalid for the purpose of the test.

Here are some more...

"The rich are too highly taxed."

Define rich! Way too ambiguous.

But my favorite...

"Because corporations cannot be trusted to voluntarily protect the environment, they require regulation."

Makes the assumption that you can't trust corporations.

Just like this one...

"A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of predator multinationals to create monopolies."

"predator multinationals"! Sheesh!

The scariest part is that liberal teachers are using this as a tool on their students.

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalc...profeedback.php

BTW Here's my results...

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 3.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

I almost quit when I got to this question...

I did quit it the first time, but then decided to do it again. Understanding the true question posed is vague and difficult at best on some of them.

The scariest part is that liberal teachers are using this as a tool on their students.

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalc...profeedback.php

I believe it's called indoctrination.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

I'm a bigger communist/libertarian than ghandi, according to this.. :P

You're probably the smartest one here. I'm still learning, but I cave at times. :)

Truthfully, my reason is that I was rude to another member of this website in a political thread. I was also properly chastised by A_G for my actions and I promised then to refrain from the discussion of politics (a hobby actually) on this webpage.

I learned the lesson the hard way as always. Of course a bit more reason and a tad less enthusiasm and I would have know better in the first place.

Thus is life, I have learned and moved on. :)

Political discussions are welcome on the forum. It's when they disintegrate into name-calling and pissin' matches that get people in trouble.

Just like AG and I have a different take on the Indian/Smallpox story. AG believes it was the US Government while I believe it was British General Amherst that had the plan.

We simply agree to disagree. It doesn't affect our friendship one damn bit.

If you have respect for yourself, you will respect others and all that they bring to the table.

Facts go a long way towards making a point. Emotion will overrule facts for the most fervent believers.

As long as you can see that emotion is driving an individual you will be able to back-off appropriately.

Truthfully, my reason is that I was rude to another member of this website in a political thread. I was also properly chastised by A_G for my actions and I promised then to refrain from the discussion of politics (a hobby actually) on this webpage.

I learned the lesson the hard way as always. Of course a bit more reason and a tad less enthusiasm and I would have know better in the first place.

Thus is life, I have learned and moved on. :)