Can't see all 4 sticks of 1gb G.Skill

I tried that bios option, I am able to boot to windows even if it is disabled. There is no change on my system. Windows still see 3GB, so does Sandra and Everest. Everytime I run prime blend test, system immeditately reboots. And when I get to windows again it always have that error reporting for windows. Sgt. Snyper, can you please keep us posted on your progress? :nod:

now if i could figure out why the SATA RAID floppy disk won't work for Windows XP Pro SP2 setup...

I know you can boot from a USB key, however I'm not sure if within the windows installation process a USB key would be recognized as a "floppy" I think when windows looks for "raid drivers" it specifically looks for a floppy, not usb keys...then again I'm not 100% sure....

Booting from a USB key is another story since it's not windows that looks for the device...it's the BIOS itself....

I know you can boot from a USB key, however I'm not sure if within the windows installation process a USB key would be recognized as a "floppy" I think when windows looks for "raid drivers" it specifically looks for a floppy, not usb keys...then again I'm not 100% sure....

Booting from a USB key is another story since it's not windows that looks for the device...it's the BIOS itself....

It will not work with a USB floppy, just last week I had to reinstall windows on my raid-0 because a virus program curropted one of the drives. I have a USB floppy that I use to flash my bios and it works when flashing bios but when I used it on F6 for the black floppy that came with my board it will not recognize it. I put the native floppy on and it instantly got it recognized and I was able to install raid drivers.

It will not work with a USB floppy, just last week I had to reinstall windows on my raid-0 because a virus program curropted one of the drives. I have a USB floppy that I use to flash my bios and it works when flashing bios but when I used it on F6 for the black floppy that came with my board it will not recognize it. I put the native floppy on and it instantly got it recognized and I was able to install raid drivers.

That's what I tought... ;)

I tried that bios option, I am able to boot to windows even if it is disabled. There is no change on my system. Windows still see 3GB, so does Sandra and Everest. Everytime I run prime blend test, system immeditately reboots. And when I get to windows again it always have that error reporting for windows. Sgt. Snyper, can you please keep us posted on your progress? :nod:

Did the BIOS setting and now POST and BIOS see the full 4gigs of RAM. No way in the world to make XP see all 4gb because it's a 32bit OS and it MUST reserve address space above the 3.5gb mark for it's own use. Basically no matter how much RAM you have the OS must reserve a portion and it usually reserves that portion at the top of the address space, so with 4GB on the board, Windows takes 512 for itself and 'hides' it from you. No, you can't shortchange it down to 256 or something either because the amount it takes is dependant on how much 'user' memory space there is.

I knew that before hand. I can do some applications and gaming on stock settings but never tried with my OC'ed settings. It can do 310 x 9 @166 divider, that would be around 253 for the ram which passed memtest @265 on four sticks, but the thing is everytime I run prime it does not even last 10 seconds and it just reboots the system. How about you, are you able to stabilize with prime?

Got this out of an MSI NF4 manual

Due to the South Bridge resource deployment, the system density will only be detected up to 3+GB (not full 4GB) when each DIMM is installed with a 1GB memory module